Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #1

Tuesday daily chat

Good morning! I thought I'd start a 'daily' today, as they've been a bit late on the scene over recent days.
It looks like this is just going to be a bit of a washout week. No rain yet but overcast and blimmin blustery again. Poor people who might be on holiday this week
The rain is doing the gardens good and everything - including weeds - is sprouting well. The asparagus is in full spate now, so we're eating lots , including an asparagus risotto tonight. Strawberries from the polytunnel are lovely and the outside ones are enjoying the rain and swelling. Time for me to get some straw around them (wonder how they got their name! ) My new neighbour had put up a plastic growhouse (about 5' square) got it sited and pegged down with metal pegs and guy-ropes, but I'm afraid it hasn't survived the winds
Have a good day everyone

Edit; meant to say Well Done! to Yola and the company for expansion in these difficult times. Congratulations to all for your hard work

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
19-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday daily chat

It's windy here too but at the moment the sun is shining. We have several meetings today with staff and also with recruitment companies as we need to add 2 key personnel to our team and now we have the money we can start looking!

My asparagus did diddly-squat so I've hoed over the area and will start again later with better stock rather than cheapo garden centre fare. Everything else is doing well as hopefully if we have a more clement Friday/weekend I will get my sorrel, fennel, beetroot and parsnips transplanted into their waiting beds

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #3

Good morning DM and Yola, morning all...

The dull, wet weather continues here also...... good for the 'allotmenteers' but a few hours sun would be much appreciated to ripen those succulent strawberries.

I'm pleased to report that Cassie is moving around once more and more importantly, she's eating again.......... I just need to confirm she is toileting ok as there was nothing yesterday

Nothing exciting planned today, have a basket full of refreshed holiday washing to iron .......and air. Normally you can iron and put away the clothes at this time of the year but they have that slightly un-aired feel to them still.

Enjoy your day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #4

Morning all

I echo DM's congratulation to Yola on the company expansion...WELL DONE...

Very windy still here and rain on and off...see you all later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #5

Very well done Yola - onwards and upwards!

I am off out for lunch today so need to get a bit of a wiggly on - see you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
19-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #6

Whew - managed a walk with Dinah without getting soaked. Grey sky to the left right up and down of me but no more than 5 drops fell whilst I was out. I don't know which is more frustrating - a day of rain or a day of really threatened rain. At least if rain is falling you can accept it and get on with something else; if the rain is threatened you're always either putting something off or risking getting soaked.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
19-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #7

Hi everybody,

Guess what it is wet and rainy here yet again , hope the forecast is right for dryier weather from Wednesday onwards, but at least it will do the gardens good.

Glad your allotments doing well DM, and you didn`t get wet walking Dinah

Mags so glad that Cassie is alot better today

Yola, congratulations on your expansion

Hope that you have a lovely lunch Angie

Bye everybody hope you all have a great day Xxx.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
19-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #8

Afternoon all.

Its taining here... wish I was still in Spain... Oh well, will have to book another holiday lol.

Taking the stray black cat to the vets laster today, will let you all know the news.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #9

Its just started raining here, but there is bright weather coming over the sea, thankfully I will get the mutts out.....
Had a real senior moment this morning! Frontlined every one with spot on, but somehow got mixed up and put cat stuff on Mollie.....Have to wait 2 days now to put dog stuff on her!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Had a real senior moment this morning! Frontlined every one with spot on, but somehow got mixed up and put cat stuff on Mollie.....Have to wait 2 days now to put dog stuff on her!!!
just a warning Moli ........ it does get worse!!