Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
15-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #1

Frivolous Friday

It's Friday morning and before my afternoon shift I have to move heaven and earth, mostly earth(!) as we are expecting a new bed and the old divan needs sorting. It's a four drawer divan, sorting out the drawers first before dismantling. Need lots of black bags for the inevitable rubbish iI will find in them, , always say I'll get in those drawers one day, never do.

A trip down to town then have to pop to mum's with her curtains. Posh is very vocal today, got under OH's feet this breakfast and yelled out loud, one very sore paw... OUCH!... demonstrating her displeaure with the staff now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
15-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #2

Re: Frivolous Friday

.. But you'll feel sooo virtuous once you've done it. And your reward is a wonderful new bed! Sweet dreams.
I'm going to dash out with Dinah - I think the rain will hold off long enough. Hair cut later, so it will rain then!
Nearly the weekend working peeps!

Edit: Too late - the rain has started The gardens will appreciate it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #3

Morning all I am off today have a hospital appointment and going to see Star Trek the film at the pictures...frivolous Friday is a good choice for the day for me.

Its already raining here, agree its good for the garden but off putting for gardeners. But it does need it glad I did a bit on Tuesday....feeling clever now.

I think I may need a new matress.......may rearrange the little bedroom/office and the bedroom too.....not sure.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
15-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #4

What a day since getting up this morning the rain has just bounced it down none stop, don`t think I will be venturing very far today with the little darlings it is much to wet, I think we would need a boat .

PP - Good luck sorting your divan drawers out, if your anything like me there will be all sorts of rubbish .

DM - Hope that your hair do dosen`t get ruined with the rain.

Kazz - good luck at the hospital and hope you enjoy the film tonight.

Bye all have a great day Pauline, Maxi & Maisy Moo Xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #5

Raining on and off here and I'm at home today with Sebi - who's playing beautifully with all his trucks and tractors here on the floor.

The gravel delivery saga continues - last week they couldn't get the 13ft lorry under the 11 foot 6 bridge and this week I'm anticipating some other excuse/failed delivery. It's a lesson in 'you get what you pay for' if I'd paid a few quid more and bought it from my local garden centre like the top soil, we wouldn't be having this problem.

Need to run into town and drop off Sebi's prescription and then I might take him to one of these indoor soft-play places as it looks like the weather's going to be wet all day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #6

Not a very promising day weather-wise, will pop out to the surgery soon for repeat prescription, then the dentist but that's about it!

Nearly murdered Jason late last night, bloomin' cat brought a maybug in then let it go so it was flying noisily around the light. I squealed like the coward I am and ran out into the hall with the poor dog wondering what was going on! I hate maybugs with a vengeance, they really give me the heebie-jeebies! OH managed to whack it to the floor then got rid of it - my hero!

The weekend's nearly here! Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

15-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
Not a very promising day weather-wise, will pop out to the surgery soon for repeat prescription, then the dentist but that's about it!

Nearly murdered Jason late last night, bloomin' cat brought a maybug in then let it go so it was flying noisily around the light. I squealed like the coward I am and ran out into the hall with the poor dog wondering what was going on! I hate maybugs with a vengeance, they really give me the heebie-jeebies! OH managed to whack it to the floor then got rid of it - my hero!

The weekend's nearly here! Enjoy the day!
What a fright, without sounding daft what exactly is a Maybug, I have never heard of that before .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
What a fright, without sounding daft what exactly is a Maybug, I have never heard of that before .
I'm not good at doing linky things to show you, but if I tell you that they're like a fat flying cockroach to look at, you'll get the idea!

(I was born and brought up in Co. Durham and had never heard of them either before moving south)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
I'm not good at doing linky things to show you, but if I tell you that they're like a fat flying cockroach to look at, you'll get the idea!

(I was born and brought up in Co. Durham and had never heard of them either before moving south)
I had never heard of Maybugs either looks like these are the little critters!

Catsey Veteran

15-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #10

Think I would have run a mile and screamed as well if Maxi or Maisy fetched in one of them