Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #1

MrsH - thanks for the tip!

You suggested putting the shed fur for the birds out in the feeder; well I tried it and it worked a charm! I'd previously put it on the bushes without a lot of success ...mostly blown away or rained on. Yesterday I put it in the suet cake holder, with pieces sticking out of the holes for them to grab and ......it was ALL GONE today!

My birds say thank you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #2

Re: MrsH - thanks for the tip!

I must try that. I did lay heaps of fur over my trees but they just turned soggy and ended up in the wheelie bin
I will intersperse fur with peanuts in the feeder and see where it get us

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #3

Do you have a suet cake holder, Yola? I only give mine suet in the cold months, so it was empty and it occurred to me that it would be easy for them to pull it out thru the wire. I hung it by the regular feeder.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
14-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #4

Glad it worked for you DM, the birds seem to have stopped taking the fluff here, I don't think it's been touched for a couple of days now but I'll leave what's left for the moment, the birds might decide to refresh their bedding later!