Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
09-05-2009, 08:09 AM   #1

Simply Saturday

Morning all! Up bright and early ready for work, the sky looks fairly blue and promising but I'll still take a showerproof jacket as I'm out and about; don't fully trust it!

My OH has his plans for today, he's got the aviary to clean and then off to watch the rugby. Guess I'm on house duty and work duty, both! ... they just don't see it do they!

Roasted a lovely ham joint yesterday so today's dinner is sorted, will try and get a nice parsley sauce with it. No wine tho coz I'm all call tonight.

Have a lovely day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
09-05-2009, 09:22 AM   #2

Re: Simply Saturday

It's looking promising here too, after a bit of a disappointing breezy day yesterday.
Allotment for me today and a simple pasta supper (with vino!)
Hope everyone enjoys whatever they have plans for today

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #3

Morning all! I had a telephone call yesterday afternoon re urgent transcription work today and possibly tomorrow, so that's my weekend sorted! Can't turn work down and don't like to let my regular clients (friends as well) down.

Runner bean trench all dug and composted and we got our beanpoles up yesterday. Runner beans just need hardening off before planting. Still a while to go for night temperatures to rise enough for planting out.

OH has gone off the DIY store for some exterior wood paint for the pergola. He knows the sort of colour I want and I am trusting him to buy the right sort (am I mad???) He's just come in the front door, I'll let you know if he's got it right later!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
09-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #4

Angie... there is reason most men aren't allowed to dress themselves.... it's cause they dont know what goes with what...plus being colour blind doesn't help!

Catsey Veteran

09-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #5

In this instance I have to say he got it spot on!!!!

(sincere apologies to OH for casting potential nasturtiums!)

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
09-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #6

Well done Mr Angie...I have to say that David (darling OH) gets it right MOST of the time... but sometimes he does slip up and it's usually always something to do with colour...he always made the joke that he was lucky that his police uniform was blue and it had a set shirt and tie that went with it... he couldn't have been in CIB because he wouldn't be able to put the right tie with the right shirt with the right suit!

Catsey Veteran

09-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #7

I expect your OH looks very handsome in his uniform! IMO suits are vastly over-rated!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #8

Afternoon - a slow day of doing not very much (and feeling very guilty about it too)! Cut the lawn in the front garden and trimmed back some hedging . . . have been sitting in the sun playing with the cats, yelling at the boys and watching OH rennovate the old school desk we bought in Alton a few weeks back.

It's looking lovely; pitch pine currently being beeswaxed

I'm with you on suits Angie. OH only ever wears jacket and trews when necessary - never matching. He also now refuses to wear a tie; instead opting for posh crew-neck jumpers or heavy-gauge tee shirts

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
09-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #9

Morning, all.
Had a bit of trouble sleeping last night but it's 7am and I'm up now. Gonna let the ferrets out of their cage soon and give em at least an hour to romp before I put em in a carrier and head off to the vet.
Taking K's mother to thai food for Mother's Day tomorrow. Other than that, not really sure what is going on this weekend.
Take care, hope you all have a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #10

Sun is shining and it's 20C; we missed the rain last night, although there's a chance of it this afternoon again. The pesky front will finally move away and Mothers Day tomorrow is supposed to be lovely. Popped in the back garden on the way home from the library and more roses and iris are blooming.... will be out with the camera after lunch. Nothing speial planed for the day.

Tink, hope all goes well at the vet trip; fingers still crossed for BB. Yola, I'm with your OH re ties ...my Dad said the best thing about being retired was never having to wear a tie every day! PP, hope you have quiet on-call evening. Angie, I'm just waiting also till it's warm enough to plant my beans! Ang congrats to OH on the paint!

Enjoy the day..