Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #1

Teddie

I wasn't going to post this, but I thought I should let you know that Teddie has gone very runny again. So much so that she has done her business in a few spots that she shouldn't have over the last few days. She is still very bright and playful, but something is obviously upsetting her tummy again . I'm going to speak to the vet on monday and see if he recommends tryingher on a different antibiotic. He did say that there was another they could try if the metronidazole didn't help. Also I'm going to see what he says about putting her onto the Hills id wet food,as I still believe her tummy finds it really hard to process dry food, even though that is what everyone says is the best thing for her to have. I know feeding her wet food would be a lot more expensive, but it would be worth a try don't you think? Maybe mixed with a little of the Hills id dry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #2

Re: Teddie

Oh Alex, you know that I know exactly what you are going through right now. I really hoped that Teddie had turned the corner and had started to improve. Do let us know what the vet says, I'd be interested to know which alternative antibiotic he recommends and in the mean time try and keep your chin up chum although I know how easy it is to say but not so easy to do
Big hugs to you and Teddie Alex x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-04-2007, 10:24 PM   #3

Oh Alex, I'm so sorry to hear this..... things seem to have gotten a tad better..hope the vet can come up with something that will improve things! At least this vet seems to care! (((hugs))) to you both!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
14-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #4

I'm so sorry to hear this Alex and have no idea what to suggest - sorry. I hope that your vet can come up with some answers on Monday.

Hugs to you and Teddie.
xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
14-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #5

Oh no.

Sorry to hear Teddies having trouble again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
15-04-2007, 08:37 AM   #6

Poor You and poor Teddie, I dont know what to suggest either but I do wish you both well and Fran and Porsha too. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
15-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #7

oh alex im so sorry to hear this,poor teddy ,i hope it all goes well at the vets and they can help

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
15-04-2007, 09:36 AM   #8

Thanks all. It's just so damn frustrating! She has made such leaps forward and I'm petrified of her going back to the way she was, also having to watch where you step again isn't much fun either. The thing is that she's still so very bright and playful, so hopefully it will be easily stopped this time and back onto a good road!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-04-2007, 10:25 AM   #9

Let's hope it's just a little set back Alex. With your new vet hopefully he'll be interested in expoloring a few more avenues with Teddie to see if this can be overcome.

Lots of love and luck.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #10

Sorry to hear this Alex, I was really hoping you had turned the corner with Teddie
Maybe it's just a small 'hiccup', maybe she sneaked somthing to eat that she shouldn't have, maybe the warmer weather had something to do with it ........... lots of maybe's but I hope there is an easy answer to it

I hope the vet can get her back on the right road again... ((((hugs))))