Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
07-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #11

Re: Quirky behaviours

Awwww!!!! Poor Sultan!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #12

Poor Sultan - lost his street cred that day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh, the time it didn't work? Most embarrassing for Sultan. We met TWO loose dogs, and the glare-stalk- at act did NOT work, so himself promptly dashed up a nearby tree as far as his lead would let him; dogs dancing about and yapping ... quite a dilemma! But fortunately the owner final;ly arrived and called off his dogs and took them away ...... Sultan seemed a bit deflated and not quite himself the rest of the day ....
I'm sorry i know i shouldn't laugh Eileen but it is realy funny, poor Sultan

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #14

Don't be sorry, it WAS funny, although maybe a wee bit scary for a very short period till I realized the dogs were OK. Sultan was my marvelous boy and dearly loved, but I do admit he was a bully cat ... bullied any cat he met outside on our walks as well as the dogs (now while I know perfectly well it's not good to have a bully cat you sometimes can't help being impressed at what a fierce facade your boy can put on!) Anyhow, he was generally successful. although having a two legs at the end of his lead may have helped him. Then, there were the exceptions: the Siamese girl and Akbar ........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
08-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Solomon sits under the water faucet and gets soaked as I wash dishes..then looks accusingly at me and wails "Maaaaaaa...", while not moving from under the water. That boy is odd.
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #16

One of the things that Cloud does which makes me smile is her habit of not sitting on me if I'm on a chair, but finding my legs a magnet as soon as I'm lying down!!!

I tend to find that she comes lies between my legs, curls up next to them, or on the odd occasion will lie over my ankle or similar, but if I'm on a seat, she doesn't want to know...

Catsey Veteran

08-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Don't be sorry, it WAS funny, although maybe a wee bit scary for a very short period till I realized the dogs were OK. Sultan was my marvelous boy and dearly loved, but I do admit he was a bully cat ... bullied any cat he met outside on our walks as well as the dogs (now while I know perfectly well it's not good to have a bully cat you sometimes can't help being impressed at what a fierce facade your boy can put on!) Anyhow, he was generally successful. although having a two legs at the end of his lead may have helped him. Then, there were the exceptions: the Siamese girl and Akbar ........
Looking forward to hearing this tale too!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Looking forward to hearing this tale too!!!
me too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
08-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
One of the things that Cloud does which makes me smile is her habit of not sitting on me if I'm on a chair, but finding my legs a magnet as soon as I'm lying down!!!

I tend to find that she comes lies between my legs, curls up next to them, or on the odd occasion will lie over my ankle or similar, but if I'm on a seat, she doesn't want to know...
how odd but cute

Catsey Veteran

08-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #20

Kizzy is like that too - she won't sit on my lap if I'm on the sofa, but is happy to lie between my legs, or, my favourite, have her head and chin resting on my leg or ankle when I'm in bed and covered up. Both cats seem to dislike bare skin!