Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-02-2020, 09:43 AM   #1

Saturday

Morning Pamela, Dinky and anyone else.
Dinky I hope the rain came, if not let me know and I'll send some more,lol.
You may have to wait a bit because there's a bit of sunshine that you sent.
We all enjoyed our food in the tearoom and had a lovely afternoon. Pamela hope you are managing to get lots of mats done.
Shopping today and maybe visit the Chinese buffet later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
22-02-2020, 12:20 PM   #2

Re: Saturday

Good morning Shelley and those to follow.

Shelley send some sunshine here! It is blowing a gale here. Has been all through the night. Had snow and rain this morning which made for an interesting dog walk this morning!!
Heading out to do a bit of food shopping and visit Steven's mum as we haven't seen her in a few weeks!
Take care everyone.

Dinky I hope you get the forecast rain if only to cool the temperature down

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-02-2020, 10:31 PM   #3

Re: Saturday

Good morning/evening Shelley, Pamela and anyone else to follow.
Sunday morning here and I have good news - YES it did rain yesterday, quite heavily for a couple of hours and then a slight drizzle into the evening. It was heavenly and really cooled everything down. Unfortunately the North Island didn't get much to ease their drought conditions but here in the South Island, we sure did. I don't know what you both did, but it certainly worked. I'm glad you got some sunshine for a time ,Shelley, but sorry that it didn't reach you, Pamela.

SHELLEY, glad you're enjoying the bit of sunshine that I sent you and it seems like you enjoyed the tea rooms. We don't have many tea rooms/milk bars here now as everything seems to be food courts in shopping malls now. It's a pity because it is loud and there's no privacy in the food courts.Tea rooms are much nicer. That chinese buffet sounds yummy. AND once you're done enjoying the sunshine, yes please, do send us a bit more rain, preferably in the late afternoon so I have time to get my washing dry. !!!

PAMELA,sorry about your continuing bad weather. Yes, I bet your dog walk was interesting, to say the least.Poor Barney and Mia - their paws will be all cold.Please give them both a cuddle from me .I will try and send you some sunshine today, but my magic powers may not extend as far as Scotland, sorry. I'll do my best though. Now where did I put my witches hat ? Hope Steven's mum, as well as you and Steven, are managing to stay nice and warm.My power bill always goes up quite a bit in winter, but you do have to keep warm to stay healthy.

I'm gonna make a cottage pie for tea tonight as I just feel like one. It won't be as nice as chinese buffet ,but never mind.Cats have all eaten breakfast and are now sleeping in patches of sunlight throughout the house. Willow nearly ate a courier driver yesterday afternoon who dared to come up the driveway. The poor woman got a heck of a fright, as our steel security door is invisible and she thought Willow was just lying at the open door. She was delivering a packet of duck treats for Willow but she nearly had a heart attack for her troubles.

The health department here in NZ has just advised people to wear a face mask if going out to a mall, supermarket etc.I don't have any masks and you can't buy them in the shops now as they've all sold out.To me, it seems a bit silly really as we still have no confirmed coronavirus cases in NZ, but it will come here eventually. What's the situation in the UK ? Do you have many wearing masks? I'm praying for all those affected and in quarantine. It must be very frightening for them all.

Oh well, stop this pessimism Maggie. ! I'm now going to give Willow her breakfast and then put some Advantage flea treatment on the cats.They hate it, but I do it every 4 weeks while it's so hot.In between times, they get the DE earth rubbed into their fur every Friday night, which they love. Haven't seen a single flea all season.

Resident rat is still around. I've named him Freddie (after Freddie Mercury, whom I loved).I must be mad, naming a wild rat !!!My daughter has been feeding a young hedgehog (Buddy) every night. When we first saw him in the garden, he was very tiny and he was also very disorientated. He'd come in the day time and just sit in the garden all day in the heat. Janna would pick him up and put him under a bush. Now Buddy comes in the early evening for his plate of jellimeat and some fresh water and then goes away under his bush again.Unfortunately he is now very tame with Janna and has no fear. As long as he stays put in our garden, he'll be safe.

Off to feed Willow now and give her her pills.

Have a wonderful day/evening everyone.

Love to all Catsey cats, dogs, birds( and rats) and their guardians.