Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #1

miserable monday

Morning everyone,

Hope you are all well, the weather here is snowing on and off but its too wet to lay hopefully as its been raining most of the night and morning. Im still suffering with the virus i have, i have no voice either which was fun in work yesterday trying to talk to customers and advise on footwear for them!!! All i could do was squeak!!!

I have discovered i have a teenager in the house!! Harris is running about hyper, not doing as he is told and just being rebelious today!!! I cought him climbing 1 of the new doors we have. It was funny though because the doors dont yet have top inserts in them so he was cliimbing with his paws wrapped around that bit of frame and when he saw me, he slid right back down again like something out of a cartoon!!

Hope you are all having a great day, will check in later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
07-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #2

Re: miserable monday

Hey there Pamela... Harris sounds like he's being a right character today!

We have the same weather you have - trying to snow, but so much water on the ground that it no hope of lying.

I eventually managed to report a leaky waste pipe (indoors) to the council this morning. Net result is that I've had to take the day off work to wait in for them. LM did suggest that I get them to phone when they on their way, except that I did that before and they didn't phone, so repair man was lucky I happened to be in!!! Am hoping someone will turn up soon, though have been warned that it may be tomorrow... when I;m actually needed at work, so if it gets to about 3pm today will have to phone baak... and am to get in touch with work again at about 4:30pm!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #3

Blimey more snow! My MIL will not be pleased lol.

No snow here, just VERY windy! Definitely batted down the hatches kind of weather. My hubby has gone off for his first driving lesson My aunt has very kindly bought him some as an early 40th birthday present, as it is getting harder for me to drive long distances. So really need him to be able to drive now. He was very nervous, so waiting on him coming back to see how it went.

Sadly today we take Walter to his new home Feeling very distraught about the whole thing, especially with the Teddie/Cooper situation going the way it is. But I'm hoping once I see him settled with his new buddies that I'll know it was the right move.

Stay safe and warm everyone x

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #4

Sorry to hear that you are moving walter to his new home alex. Im sure he will be happy though with new playmates. Fingers crossed aswell that you OH's driving lesson goes well

Squirrel, character is a polite word for Harris today!!! lol I hope you get your pipe repaired. Im waiting in for 25meteres of skirting board to be delivered today so i know what its like being stuck in!! It will be delivered this afternoon at somepoint. So my day will be just playing about online and job hunting!

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #5

Thanks Pamela... I really can't afford to sit in tomorrow, so... Still, I'd rather wait in here than at my parents - that day was Not fun!!!

Hope you get your skirting delivered soon, and that the job hunt goes well.

*hugs* for rehoming walter today Alex. Never rains, hey?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #6

Morning all

Off swimming shortly trying to reschedule (well stick to) a schedule of fitness on my day off here.
So here goes. See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #7

Very, very windy here today. The hair salon phoned this morning, my regular stylist was back at work albeit part time and I was looking forward to having my next appointment with her, however she has now decided she wants to be a full-time mum so I'm back with my number 2 choice. Still, she gave it a go and just felt being away from her little boy just wasn't working out for her, I can understand that.

I broke a nail yesterday and have tried this morning to ring the manicurist to get a repair organised, the nail won't last 2 weeks till my next scheduled appointment. I left a message on their phone, just hope they ring me back before the break gets worse! Such trivial worries, I know!

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #8

Well, I had a manny turn up, fix the pipe, tell me the problem 'wasn't your fault' and that it might help if I get the roof seen to as half the problem was that the outside dranage pipe got blocked by nasty stuff from the roof... Good, sorted!

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #9

at least he showed up skirting boards still not been delivered, OH is in now though so he can listen for them!!

Hope you can get your nail fixed soon MrsH, Kazz, enjoy your swim

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #10

Sun and actually above freezing again: 6 C (42 F), very pleasant change! Almost all of the dirty snow is gone, light rain predicted tonight should get rid of the remains. A lie-in day, waiting for grocery delivery. The computer was acting up when I tried to come on line: kept insisting it could not authenticate me! Had to shut down and reboot; no problems then; why do they do things like that?

Glad your snow's not sticking. Glad the pipe's repaired, hope the skirting comes, and that you get an emergency nail appointment, MrsH~! Enjoy the swimming, Kazz. Alex, have I missed a post, what is the "Teddie/Cooper situation"??? Anyone heard from Yola, hope she and hers are OK........

Stay dry ......

Alex: disregard question, hadn't seen your thread when I posted this.......