Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #1

Saturday daily

Morning all

Off to the shops...............and then nothing......... .....The weather is still windy aorund here, so have agood day all homemade chicken curry and rice for dinner here.
Oh I may be going into Shirley to have a look at bikes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
05-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #2

Re: Saturday daily

Homemade chicken curry? Now THAT sounds good!!
I'm up for the day, switched schedule up to sleep during the day so I've had a good five hours sleep. Drinking coffee now because I need to do chores and get all the animals settled because today is going to be long.
K sold one of his tanks (the 2nd biggest); we had neighbors over yesterday lifting it into the truck bed for us.
We're off to deliver it to Poulsbo which is only an hour away from my parents so we will be paying them a visit after we settle the tank with the buyer.
Several hour drive each way and we'll need to take a ferry as well. On the bright side, it should be quite a scenic route we're taking this time and it'll be nice to see my parents as it's been awhile. Mom is making Filipino food for me which I just haven't been able to find out here so I am salivating just thinking about it. We'll visit for awhile and possibly take a nap then head back for the several hour drive home.
I always worry the animals will have a fit when we leave for the day so will be caffeinating now and then make sure to give them all they might possibly need before we leave for our trek at around 6:30am. I suspect we'll be home around 8pm-ish if all goes well.
Have a good day, all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #3

Mornig Kazz and Tink. Well, I've read the paper and had my coffee so I suppose I'd better get up off the sofa and do something! The carpets are starting to crackle underfoot, a sure sign that the vacuum cleaner is being underused MrH is out this afternoon at an art group workshop so I might snuggle up with the dog and watch a film while I've got the house to myself.

Have a lovely day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #4

Morning all. Thoughts will be with you while you on your long treck Tink - hope the day goes (or went!) well for you.

Enjoy your day of doing nothing Kazz, and film sounds good MrsH.

Over here... well, have been out for the morning, and mow home. Plans were to meet up with a friend, but she had a busy evening and is exhausted, and I've been doing too much recently, so it's afternoon off all round...

Hope all goes well for everyone else.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #5

Afternoon everyone. Wet and windy here and very gloomy not all that cold though. Hope your journey goes well Tink. I'll be thinking about Kazz's homemade chicken curry, yum, and enjoy your film MrsH.

My photo sorting is continuing, but I've now got on to the negatives! If you knew HOW MANY I've got! From rather old 1950s ones up until we got our first digital camera a couple of years ago. So I'm starting with just a few ..... OH has rigged up the scanner and we discovered a small miracle which I didn't know existed! You can scan a negative film in and (if you wanted to) you could tinker about with it and print it off like a "proper" photographic print. This may have more experienced peeps holding their sides and laughing out loud, but I still live in the age of developing and printing, so it does seem like a bit of a miracle to me. Only thing is it will probably take at least a year to go through all these negatives and I may end up throwing rather a lot of them away anyway ...... heads cut off, out of focus, little specks in the distance, etc.

Keep me out of mischief anyway, and inside in the dry.

Jamie's ragu sauce with pasta for supper tonight. Have a great day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #6

Hi people! Cloudy with on and off drizzle all day, 1 C (34 F) so no danger of ice, etc. But gloomy. Just ignoring chores and hunkering down with the paper and crossword.

Kazz, bike? Motor or pedal? Tink, enjoy the food and family visit!. Angie, that sounds like a long job doing all those negatives. Enjoy the do-nothing afternoon, Squirrel, and the movie, MrsH!

Stay warm, think Spring.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #7

Bike pedal..............I tried a motorbike/scooter in Greece once never again I am not designer with enough nerve to sit upright an have power...........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
05-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #8

evening all! sounds like everybody has had a nice day! i want chicken curry now!!

working today, then it was my neices christening so just not long back!

i got a lovely card with poem in today from my vets, saying to remember my ratties and how special they are to me, it made me cry
it was a lovely thought.

relaxing tonight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #9

evening everyone, late check in today.

getting a bike sounds great kazz, i really want a new 1 but need to save up for it!!

OH has been glossing today and the upstairs neighbours came down to ask if we had gas in the house, we dont, we have the storage heaters. Told him we had been glossing and thats what we could smell.

Got a chap at the door about 9pm, the gas board came to visit to check the house for gas!!!! he confirmed what we had told the neighbour, he can smell our gloss paint so the gas man went away not best pleased at the call out especially when we told him the neighbour had already came down and asked us!!

Im still not feeling great tonight but need to go back to work tomorrow

hope you all have a great night xx