Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #1

snowy thursday (again :( )

Morning everyone, coldnt believe the weather last night!! We had gale force winds, driving rain, thunder and lightning then snow!!! Got up this morn and its white outside again

Not doing much today, heading to my mums in clydebank then working till 830pm tonight.

Hope you all have a great day. Will look in when i get home from work.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
03-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #2

Re: snowy thursday (again :( )

Morning Pamela and those to come.

Blizzards and gale force winds here. A lot of the school buses have been cancelled and there's been whiteouts on roads near here. Last I heard the Edinburgh bypass has been closed.
I have an appointment in town at 10.30, shall go to library, put some laundry on and try and get some sleep after the howling wind kept me awake last night.

Keep safe everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #3

Morning Pamela and SM - sorry about your dreadful weather! Did you see on the News this morning that half USA is covered in snow. I hope our American friends are OK. It's a beautiful morning here and sort of makes me think of Spring, but our forecast for tomorrow and the weekend is gales and rain, so it's the calm before the storm. OH and I are out for our walk in a short while. We are going to Bosham Hoe this morning. Not been there before, so taking the camera.

Will be back around tea time to see how your all are - so be good and careful and stay safe and warm and dry if you possibly can.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
03-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #4

I got in early from GP (thankfully because I forgot to bring something to read while I waited).

The news footage of the Midwest was horrible.

Its sunny here now and almost feels warm when the wind isn't lashing. I think I shall crawl under my duvet for a while and defrost my tootsies.

Catsey Veteran

03-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #5

Thats terrible abou the weather over there. I do hope everyone is safe.

Angie, enjoy your trip and good job getting an early appointment sm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #6

I feel really guilty here given the horrible weather elsewhere in UK and USA (thankfully Queenslanders escaped with less damage than expected) but I'm enjoying a beautiful sunny day with clear blue skies! The downside is that it shows up the mucky windows

We have double-width glazed doors between the hall and the front door so today I decided to tackle them. They each have 15 small panes of glass in them so doing both sides = 60 surfaces and 240 corners so I really have to steel myself before starting! Easy-peasy today for the first time I used Nilglass (which I've only seen in Lakeland) what a good product, it actually is streak-free which lots of products promise but don't live up to. I might tackle the glass doors between the dining room and sitting room this afternoon, they only have 10 panes each!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-02-2011, 05:26 PM   #7

Hi all, yes the Groundhog Day Blizzard was horrible! Huge, lots of damage; we lucked out here, just rain. Sunny, cold and blustery today (26 F), minus 4, minus 11 wind chill. Very tired, had a poor sleep last night. Some sort of stomach bug, kept feeling nauseous but every time I dashed to the bathroom didn't throw up ..... will try a nap this afternoon. So am really doing nothing at all today.

Ooh MrsH that's a LOT of teeny panes! Angie, enjoy the walk. Be good, all, stay warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
03-02-2011, 06:34 PM   #8

Hello all...

Yeah, we had the same nasty mix of weather Pamela - except that the worst the roads had on getting up was some slush... could have been far worse. Mind, I was hearing that the end of Feb is supposed to be worse here than what we've had so far... Here's hoping that prediction is completely incorrect!!!

Still blowing a gale and chucking it down out though. Not a night to be out on!

Glad you didn't get it as bad as it could be Eileen, thats a LOT of cleaning Mrs H, glad the GP trip didn't take as long as it could SM, hope work went ok Pamela, and that you had a good time out Angie!

Everyone else - hope your days went as well as they could do!!!

Catsey Veteran

03-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #9

hey there, weathr still bad here, damage has been done to the building that my work is in. A few of us had to move cars out of the way!! Got sent home eary due to both the weather and i have a really sore throat which is making me feel yukky but will see how it is in the morn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
03-02-2011, 10:14 PM   #10

evening all! yes, the weather is absolutely wild down here aswell!! struggled to walk home as the wind was so strong! hopefully it wont be like this tomorrow!