Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #1

Totally Tuesday

No Daily yet? Same old same old weatherwise here, minus 1 C (30 F). grey and overcast. A bit of freezing drizzle early this morning, more due tonight then warmer and just a lot of rain tomorrow. Which is Groundhog Day here, and hopefully he will NOT see his shadow!

No news, still staying in between shortness of breath and abominable weather; grocery delivery yesterday and some other stuff in the pipeline.

Hope all are well, having a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #2

Re: Totally Tuesday

Hi Eileen - weather has been rotten all round this year. OH was out playing golf. He said one moment it was really cold, then it was mizzling with rain and then it dried up and was cold again and his glasses steamed up. Temperature all over the place. I can't believe we're at Groundhog Day this year already! It does seem that over here there are similar forecasts made on Candlemas - 2nd February. If it's warmish or wet then Spring isn't far off; otherwise another 6 weeks of Winter. That's the same if Mr Groundhog (sorry forgotten his name) sees his shadow, isn't it?

I've kept cuddling the radiator today, with or without a cat in my arms. Couldn't be asked to do very much, so caught up with office paperwork instead.

Sorry to hear your breathing is still poor. Your appointment isn't far off is it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #3

Appointment is a week from today. The well known groundhog here in the Mid Atlantic is Punxatawney Phil, and yes it's the same as Candlemas . I think the tradition was just carried over from it; anyhow no shadow means early Spring!

Radiator hugging sounds a great idea.... chilly in my house too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
01-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #4

Hi Angie and DM, not been out anywhere today even though the weather has been quite sunny but nippy. Decided I would have an early Spring clean today and have given everywhere a good clean down, it kept me warm though.
DM, I am sorry to hear that you are having breathing problems I do hope it is nothing serious and that all goes well at your appointment.
Angie, hugging a radiator sounds like a really good idea to me as well.
Have a great evening all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
01-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #5

Hi, all.
Concerning about the breathing, Eileen
Sunny and cold today, should be that way next few days..hovering around 20s to 30s F but bright and clear..always find that an odd combination.
Take care, everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #6

Does it Have to be Tuesday? Or if it does Have to be, can it not be Next Tuesday???

Sorry, in a bit of a grump here, as I've discovered today that if I do everything on my calendar, I'll be working Mon-Fri, out every evening, and be booked both Sat and Sun mornings - before working right through Mon-Thurs - and being out Mon, Tues, and Thurs evenings. That's bad enough in the middle of summer, never mind right now!!! Anyway, parents feeding me again tonight, so I spose that's a plus! And I got A/L sheets handed in for getting time just after littley's spey is done off today as well!

Sorry to hear about the breathing Eileen. Hope that the appt is able to sort it out for you. I just heard about a friend whose not far from you (comparatively speaking anyway, she is in Canada, so...) whose now on squall warning for similar damages to the kind you had last week... Hopefully it will be better than expected, cause the rest of today, and pretty much all of tomorrow are covered by it.

Anyway, hope the rest of everyones days go well...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-02-2011, 09:25 PM   #7

Evening all just got in from work so much to do and 23 hours in a day glad all is good and Eileen take it easy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
02-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #8

evening all, im late tonight! straight in from work and i was out at a concert , was brill! i can hardly hear and im surprised i have a voice left from all my ahem....singing along. got my girls out for a quick run around, then my wee bruce. he is getting 2 new ratty friends tomorrow i think he is really missing his brother so hopefully 2 babies will keep him on his toes!