Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #1

Bucket list

Just speaking to a friend and they are watching the film bucket list and I wondered what would you have to have in your bucket list?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #2

Re: Bucket list

Not absolutely sure what a bucket list is Kazz.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
29-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #3

A 'buket list' is a list of things you want to do before you die. One of my friends was seriously ill with Cancer a few years back, and she had a list of things/places she wanted to do/go to/see before she died. I remember that year she and a few friends ran around and tried to do as much of the stuff based in the UK as possible.

She is still alive today - still quite unwell, though that episode passed well, and I've not heard mention of the bucket list for a while now, but she's still as keen as ever to really live life, rather than just let it pass her by... The real challenge she's got for this year is to take a trip to America to visit a friend. It's already been put off once due to health...

Catsey Veteran

29-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #4

Ahhh thanks Squirrel for explaining that.

I find it easier thinking what sort of music I'd like played at my funeral than thinking what I'd like to do before that happens!!! Bit of an odd perspective perhaps but it's part of "prisoner syndrome" maybe.

Catsey Veteran

29-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #5

Mmmmm... I think the phrase comes from 'to kick the bucket.'

Prisoner syndrome???

Catsey Veteran

29-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #6

OH and I look after his mother who has dementia and is 90 this year. We don't get out much.

Catsey Veteran

29-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #7

Aaaah! OK then! I can follow. Hard to have a list of things you want to do when you're on carers duty.

Catsey Veteran

29-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #8

That how it is at the moment Squirrel. Things may change - I have my fingers firmly crossed.

Catsey Veteran

29-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #9

I hope it does. Know how difficult it can be. My Dad's Mum was similar - except there was no space for her in the family house - she ended up bed-blocking in hosp til they arranged for her to go into a nursing home (that was after sheltered housing became too much for her as well...)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
29-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #10

I look after my mum who is 89. Thankfully she isvquite mentally active. Physically she isnt so good, she finds that very hard to accept. She gets very frustrated. Cant understandcwhen we go to shop centre why i get tired & sore - need knee replacement pushing wheelchair plus trolley full goods round. Always very active person its hard for her.

My sis in law works with patients who all have dementia to some degree. Some of the patients can be quite violent. Not an easy job at all. She has endless patience.