Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
27-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #1

It's truly Thursday???

Well, according to the date it would appear to be. This week seems to have flown in. Some ways at least. And am working tomorrow when I'd usually be off, so...

Looks like those of you at the quiz had a good time. Sorry I missed it, but head really was Not in a place for dealing with random social with lots of people, and I wasn't long home from my parents... Would have had a better chance this evening, but... Might even have got one or two of the questions right too!!! Random thought from that - the friend of a friend of mine is called Betula...

Work is in the office for me today - will be home by 3:30 therefore, probably out in the evening if I can encourage myself that way, and I'm hoping to go by the sorting office, cause a package turned up for me 2 days ago when I wasn't in - and it only open in the mornings which is a right pain! Oh for living in a larger place where I'd get to go there in the evening, or on the way home from work!!!

Have a good day all! Hope you didn't get that snow in the end Eileen!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #2

Re: It's truly Thursday???

Hi Squirrel - Yes it's Thursday already.

Bloomin' cold and grey and overcast but OH and I are out for our walk. Going to Chidham today, along the harbour but can cut inland if it's too cold. At least we have a flask of hot coffee in the car to come back to. Always on the look out for water birds, so will take the binoculars *remember to get them out of the drawer*.

Hopefully, the new keyboard will be delivered today.

Will come back later for a catch-up. Have a good day everyone.

Yes, hope that snow didn't fall on your city, Eileen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #3

Hello kate and Angie, and anyone else that follows.
Been to work this morning, it went very nicely. Everyone seems to think i'm realy upset by the loss of my hours. I'm not happy but it's the nature of the job so why worry. Besides i have been given half an hour back
Took Malaika for a quick romp, cats are snuggled up sleeping and i am goiung to try take it easy, have a cold coming on.
Tomorrow we go to see the pup, typicaly there is something else i would love to attend.
Preston museum has a Holocaust display and tomorrow they have a childhood survivor talking. I wouls so have loved to hear them.
Angie hope you and your o/h have a lovely walk.
Kate you are right time flies and i have to warn you that the older you get the quicker it goes, i am sure there are two christmas's to the year now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-01-2011, 04:58 PM   #4

hey squirrel and angie, im not long in from work, so just sitting with a cuppa thinking what to get upto tonight. The OH is in aswell so will see what he fancies doing. I also got an email from the job interview i went for on tuesday, unfortunately i didnt get it so back to the drawing board!!

Hope you all have a good thursday x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #5

Oh sorry about the job Pamela. Keep searching, there's the perfect job for you out there somewhere.

OH and I are back from our walk. We managed to do the whole round walk of Chidham peninsula, so I'm proud of myself. The first time we tried this particular walk in I think May/June time last year at the beginning of our Thursday excursions, I couldn't complete the walk and OH had to go on ahead and come and pick me up in the car. It was cold today and rather muddy in places but I made it. Legs are a bit stiff but I was surprised that I managed so well with my breathing. Nice cuppa tea now.

Saw Buzzard, Pintail ducks, Curlew, Oystercatcher, Turnstone, Dunlin, Sanderling, Teal, Wigeon, Mallard, Shellduck, Smew, Brent Goose, Kestrel.

Sorry to hear that Eileen's power is off due to the snowstorms that have hit Washington. My thoughts are with her and Leia and hope they are managing to keep warm.

Edited to say: came home to find new keyboard had arrived. So this is it - all set up. It'll take a bit of getting used to but it is so quiet - lovely!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #6

Well looks like a mixed day for everyone Eileen with no power and Angie completing the walk.
Having a reasonable day here been to work now home, its biting cold. Brrrrr.
And good news the Blues are at Wembley...........Yeah

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
27-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #7

Got our aerial fixed today, it had broken off the wall with all the snow and wind. Now I don't have to watch the same things as my mum is watching (thank god). I think the repair man had a wee soft spot for me. Akward. Was so tired from not sleeping well recently I had a snooze, did the online grocery shop, caught up with my cousin who is volunteering in Senegal and researched jobs in the town I might be moving too.

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend.

PS - Missed the quiz again last night. Dangit.

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #8

evening SM glad you ot your aerial fixed. Have you heard anymore about getting a house yet?

Well done angie completing your walk. Thanx for the advice about harris, will look into worming tomorrow on teh way home from work!!

SM, im asking teh questions next week for the quiz, would eb good if you could come along :P

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: About to get a kitten
27-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
evening SM glad you ot your aerial fixed. Have you heard anymore about getting a house yet?

Well done angie completing your walk. Thanx for the advice about harris, will look into worming tomorrow on teh way home from work!!

SM, im asking teh questions next week for the quiz, would eb good if you could come along :P
I will find out about two more I have applied for on Monday. The problem being is as theres not many people here theres not many spare houses. One of the ones I have applied for is on the quietest road imaginable and has a garden - I might even let future kitteh out in the garden if I get that one! (Don't quote me on that, I'm probably too scared too).

So Pamela, if you could make next weeks questions about UK TV, music and movies and cooking that would be grand! If someone could remind me about the quiz that would be great.

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #10

haha i was actually thinking bout a wee mix including daft things such as disney characters (just for a laugh) no idea yet what other questions im going to do!! might e a couple of car questions thrown in just to be different!!! lol

I'll send you a message to remind you if you want?