Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
24-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #1

monday daily

morning all, think this is the 1st time i've been on here early enough to start a daily!

going to look around the shops for a 2nd hand hoover today, ours has completely given up hoping i find one cheap enough in the shops, if not i saw an add for one just up the road from us, only on reading reviews on the hoover a lot of complaints of the cord being too short and you have to switch the thing off to clip on the hose! who knew it would be hard work picking out a hoover..

hope everyone has a nice day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #2

Re: monday daily

Morning
And good look with your Vacum hunting

Not sure what I am doing today got a few days off and nothing planned for today. Started the day with scrambled egg and bacon. Had a taste for it since someone spoke of it the other day but I think I built it up in my head because when I ate it I thought Nah. Odd eh?

Anyhow nothing much doing here as I say, going to take Sal out, we are aiming for at least an hour walking every day (when I say we I mean my plan; as Sal is purely a passenger in the planning dept We both need to loose a little weight however my weight gain may have areason behind it it appears I may have an underactive thyroid. Back in 3 months for retest. HoHum.
So that may explain according to the Doc my tirerdness and weight gain. (but I think walking will start to remove both of the above) so I am planning on the fact I am just being lazy for the weight gain rather than a medical cause. So I have a plan of walking an hour a day at a good pace and then starting either some alternative movement like tennis? or and a bike ride? or and weight lifting (nothing like strong man) as well as my swimming on a Wed.

So see you all later. Reading back the above sounds like
I am about to become superwoman but nothing could be further from the truth. I am just a bit miserable with the weight I have put on since my Op last year. And intend to be a participant in its removal rather than a moaner about its presence. If that makes sense.

Anyhow all have a good day see you later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
24-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #3

Morning all - those both here and to come!

Sorry to hear about hoover issues Linz... I recently replaced mine from the Asda sale...

And hope that the walk plan goes well Kazz - and that they do manage to sort out the thyroid, if it is that, when the time comes.

I'm at parents for the day - waiting in on a box being picked up. One of those 'any time between 9 and 5 deals. Means that I'll be here pretty well straight through until 9:30pm - long day at home on her own for the wee one. If only I had a bit more space and cash flow, I'd seriously be considering a companion for her. Oh well, I guess it's only occasionally, but...

We had great fun playing yest. And I was almost at the stage of updating her photo page, when I copied some pics to my usb stick, deleted them from the camera, then found that I wasn't able to get them to open - and that computer didn't put the deleted files into the recycle bin... If am lucky will be able to access them on this comp, or my laptop (cable for that eventually arrived...) but if not, have just lost 200+ pics and video's.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #4

Afternoon everyone! Another grey, cold and overcast day here. Thought it might be warmer than it feels when I opened the back door to let Kizzy out this morning. She went out and I came back in smartish!

Good luck with the vacuum cleaner hunt lynz - hope you find something that fits the bill!

Kazz - I can't believe you are lazy! Some of your posts make me tired just reading them, so I would suspect thyroid - I've posted on your other thread. I have struggled with my weight since childhood and do sympathise. Sal sounds just the ticket for being a helper, even if she's not been involved in the planning stage. Oh, and I think scrambled eggs are yuk unless you really, really fancy them. I prefer poached egg!

Squirrel - I do hope you can retrieve your photos. That sort of thing makes me feel queasy.

More photo sorting - finally settled on a "system" which is making things easier.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #5

good afternoon everyone,

Lynz, hope you get a new hoover at a good price
Kazz, hopefully your keep fit regime will help if it is an underactive thyroid.
Squirrel, i do hope you havent lost all those photos, doyou have an external hard drive? fabtastic for backing up photos and music and stuff.

I started witha lazy morning but was woken up earlier with harris playing with his new toys my mum bought for him!! OH also bought him a play centre thing, really cool, will post a pic when i finally manage to get 1 of harris on it!!
I went shopping for a new shirt as i have an interview with HSBC tomoro and realised i didnt have a shirt or nice shoes. Decided to top it off, i got a new pair of trousers aswell!!

Hope you all have a great day and same to those who follow. Will be back in later, got some research to do just now so im organised for tomorrow!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #6

afternoon Catsey people.
Been to work this morning, very enjoyable, not back in untill Thur now and i no longer work Fridays due to loseing some hours.Caught up with some cleaning and now catching up on here.Going to see the pup on Friday, Malaika is being a brat and stealing pebbles from my indoor plants, do i realy want another ?
Lynz, hope you find a decent hoover, i have a dyson and it's great.
Kate, hope you manage to find those pics, an external hardrive sounds like a good idea Pamela.
Kazz sounds like you have a lively time ahead, i could do with shifting a bit of weight from my middle.
Angie, how's the puppy hunting going ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #7

Hi all, sunny but still frigid here, minus 7 (20 F), at least5 no wind chill. Another indoor day; not been out shopping in days because of the bitter cold. About to place a grocery order.

Lynz, good luck vacuum hunting; I too have a Dyson. Kazz, your plan for taking off weight sounds good, as energetic as you are I don't know how you managed to put it on! I'm the one responsible for mentioning bacon and scrambled eggs - Saturday's odd dinner. Angie, scrambled is the only way I like eggs ...picky! Pam, hope the interview goes well tomorrow. Squirrel, that's awful about the pics, hope there's some way you can retrieve them... ??? Shelley. what does Malaika do with pebbles?

Stay warm, think Spring!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #8

Eileen, i have pebbles covering the soil in my indoor plant pots, i put them there to stop my last Basenji, Benji from digging in the soil to hide food.
She doesn't do much with them realy beyond just moving them to get attention. She knows it will get a reaction because i'm worried she will try to chew or swallow them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-01-2011, 05:35 PM   #9

Oh puppy pictures after Friday...Yeah

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #10

WHAT???????? Which puppy???????????????