Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-11-2005, 08:59 AM   #1

Daily Shred/Friday

Good morning. Early on parade today as I'm not so good at sleeping by myself. The heated bed kept Tizzie sleeping and downstairs till 6.30. Not so with Min - when I woke there she was, under the duvet, head on the pillow, facing me - nose to nose! Don't know how she does it without waking me!
Light frost early, now thawed, it's cold but (as yet) no sign of either strong northerly winds or the dreaded snow.
The George Best saga continues - can't really understand the media frenzy - it's as if they have so much obituary material prepared they can't wait to tell us If I ever have a poorly liver please keep his awful vulture-like doctor away from me!
Have a good day, keep warm, speak later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-11-2005, 09:23 AM   #2

Re: Daily Shred/Friday

Bitterly cold today. Domi's just been waving at the bin-men out of the window and is now watching Thomas the Tank Engine ('momath' in his words - bless).

Today we're meeting my step-daughter for a late lunch . . . she's been having troubles with that b***h of a mother of hers and also boyfriend blues (which I think are sorted now). Thought I'd treat her to a bit of a shop and a bite of lunch.

This evening we're going out for a rare evening dinner with some friends of hubbys. So a meal with adult conversation and no baby wipes will be a huge breath of fresh air for me!! Some good neighbours are babysitting (they gave us a 'babysitting voucher' - i.e. and undertaking to babysit nearly 2 years ago and we've finally taken them up on it)!!

DM - Min's sleeping habits sound delightful - lucky you . . . have a good day . . and George Best? Purleeze!! Sorry the guy's a complete has-been, and someone could have actually lived with that liver instead of giving it to some loser like Best who would misuse it and ultimately be responsible for his own demise. Maybe harsh - but I really have no sympathy for this bloke (can you tell )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
25-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #3

Morning everyone, no frost or snow here.
Wont manage on much today, have to decorate the bowling club hall, cook, clean and the usauall.

/to Mags and Moli............................................I'm gonna get ya both!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-11-2005, 10:24 AM   #4

Morning all, Claude is off th the vets in 10 minutes (Ssssh don't let him hear that word or he may disappear ) to have his stitches out. Maud is going too for her boosters....catch you all later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-11-2005, 10:26 AM   #5

Morning all, we have had strong winds and blizzards all night, this morning its still windy, but not a bit of snow, infact the suns coming out...Have a good day everyone....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-11-2005, 10:33 AM   #6

Morning all....woke up to a wintry scene, very pretty (if you're indoors ).
Sun is shining now so the snow is beginning to melt fast. Got to go shopping this morning then this afternoon I will be making my second Christmas cake!
Enjoy your day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
25-11-2005, 11:33 AM   #7

Morning everyone,

I am still in bed on my laptop - a rare day off from work/school routine. The kids have their progress reviews today and the school shuts to do this. They have to have interviews with their teachers with me present!!

Emma has just started secondary school and is loving it so no worries there, but sean is in his third year and is suffering badly with confidence and the hustle and bustle and school is making him ill if this makes sense.

Desperately need to speak to his teacher to find out what is going on.

After that I might take them to see Harry potter film and then they are going to their dads for the evening so might have a friend round. Speak later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-11-2005, 12:26 PM   #8

Hi everybody!!!

Well I woke up today by the alarm clock and I thought why is that going off on a Saturday then I realised it was actually Friday. So I am at work at the moment, oh well not long to go before I go home.

Boyfriend found out yesterday that a man he worked with died in his sleep on Tuesday he was only 42. So that threw him a bit yesterday when he found out.

Really looking forward to the weekend, need to pop to B&Q to get some hardboard to start Frans drawing. Hopefully they will have some big enough.

It keeps trying to snow here is Essex but not having much success.

Off to have my haircut later which will be nice

Have a great day everybody

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-11-2005, 04:02 PM   #9

All the snow has disappeared now and what was clear blue sky has clouded over.....wonder if that means more on it's way
Have got my christmas cake baking in the oven and the house is filled with a lovely spicy aroma. Just got the veg to prepare for later then that's me finished for the day....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-11-2005, 04:10 PM   #10

Mmmmm, I love the christmassy, spicy smells. Not mad on either xmas cake or pudding though, but I do like mince pies.
You'll have to post a pic when you've done the icing.