Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

25-11-2005, 08:47 AM   #11

Re: Ferrets

I'm thoroughly enjoying these ferret tales! Domestic ferrets are, in the main, a whole lot of fun and tend to be somewhat forward in their relations with other Earthlings — rather like their close relatives the otters.

For nine years I kept a ferret, Darin by name. He and I shared many adventures, including several dwelling changes. I loved his muttering voice; and also the way he'd curl up into a little ball on my lap to sleep.

One of Darin's favorite games consisted of jumping off the bed onto my hands — "Roll up and see Darin, the World's Greatest Leaping Ferret!" They're expert escape artists and superb contortionists too, aren't they?

Those of you who've kept ferrets know they're very fussy about living in a clean environment, as is the case with all burrowing animals; hence there's little problem with odor unless you become lax in keeping the habitat clean and providing basic necessities. Darin, bless his heart, was always satisfied in that regard.

Darin's life was prolonged by two years thanks to surgery: He had developed cancer, as ferrets are prone to do; and the surgery was successful. So the fun and games recommenced! Indeed, ferrets are either totally busy or else they're sleeping like rocks.

Darin now sleeps his eternal sleep in a remote part of Forest Park, the nation's largest wilderness park within city limits (5,090 acres) — in a spot I picked out for him, where sunlight filters down through the trees and illuminates a small mossy clearing. I miss him every day.

=^..^=

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-11-2005, 08:53 AM   #12

Another lovely ferret tale!

I've just remembered Captain Correlli's Mandolin - remember the 'peculiar cat' which became Lemoni's pet? The author had obviously met some of these characters.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-11-2005, 10:19 AM   #13

Mr Cat...your Darin seemed quite a character!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-11-2005, 10:40 AM   #14

Imagine being inspired by ferrets, but I have been and have found the chapter in Captain Corelli where Lemoni finds it - tangled in wire. She is only a little girl and describes it as 'a funny kind of cat' when she tries to enlist help for it. It's name is Psipsina - pronounced Sipsina - which (I think) is greek for Puss. It's a great name, either for a cat or a ferret!

Banned

25-11-2005, 05:39 PM   #15

QUESTION: can ferrets & cats live together? or is it a case of never the twain.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-11-2005, 06:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
QUESTION: can ferrets & cats live together? or is it a case of never the twain.....

Here is your answer Am
http://www.catpages.co.uk/talkcats/s...ead.php?t=2735

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-11-2005, 06:14 PM   #17

I have never met a ferret let alone own one, they sound fascinating....Wonder what hubby would say if i told him I wanted a ferret!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-11-2005, 06:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
I have never met a ferret let alone own one, they sound fascinating....Wonder what hubby would say if i told him I wanted a ferret!!!
Probably same as mine said Moli ...unrepeatable on here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-11-2005, 06:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Probably same as mine said Moli ...unrepeatable on here
You coud be right there PK

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-11-2005, 06:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran