Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #1

Daily thread - Monday

Another lovely morning! The last for a while if we believe the weather man. I live in hope that he is wrong and that this gentle early autumn will continue.
I will continue the allotment work during the nicest part of the day and see what comes along for the rest.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
29-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread - Monday

Morning DM,mornig all
Gorgeous morning here too but very cold.
Have the morning off work today but have a training to go to this afternoon.
Im having a lazy morning,Im not feeling to well actually,got a headache and a real sore throat and it feels like its swollen,just like It used to be before having my tonsils removed
Oh well, should hopefully clear up soon.
Hope everyone has a good day x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #3

Morning Erin, DM and all. It's a bright morning here and lovely in the car. I tailed OH over to his dealership garage coz he has some glitch in the electrics of his car, needed a lift back. The trees are turning a wondeful colour, according to OH this is because of the rain in the Summer, so it had silver lining I suppose
Have to go to a funeral later, my friend's dad passed away after a long illness, a blessing really.
Posh is loving having daddy home, his lap is where it's at!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
29-09-2008, 11:18 AM   #4

Morning everyone. Long awaited trip to Perth today was cancelled at the last minute so I have an unexpected day at home.

Garden today - going to try and erect some trellis and weed out some creeping buttercup I noticed.

Trip to dry cleaners to pick up stuff for my girls away London weekend.

Dog walks before six and then lazy night in.

Enjoy your day all!

CM

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #5

Yes another glorious day here too on the south coast!

Sorry to hear about your sore throat Erin - hope you feel better soon.

The lounge redecoration is very nearly finished - just the new window furniture and a new shelving unit to be fixed up and then we can start moving furniture back and put the newly cleaned curtains back up. It actually won't look all that different, except for the fireplace - but it will be clean and smoke-free!

OH has taken a good buddy and his wife to the docks at Southampton this morning as they are going on a 2 week cruise. Not sure how long his trip will be. I couldn't go because someone has to be here for MIL.

I have said to a couple of Catsey peeps in PMs that I am worried about Merlin, but I think I'll start a new thread in the Health section about that.

Hope you all have a wonderful day whatever you're doing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #6

Sorry to hear about Merlin, Angie. I did read you thread but wanted to consider my response rather than dashing off an answer.

It's sunny here, but cold. The bathroom was freezing as I'm adamant there will be no heating switched on before October at the very earliest!! Still, nobody suffers but me as I'm usually the 1st one in there

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #7

We're steadfastly refusing to put any heat on too Yola - although it would only be necessary at the end of the evening or very start of the day. We're trying to get through till after the hols ... fingers crossed. If the weather would stay like this I think we could make it.
I've had a grand allotment session. Took down the bean sticks, dug over and cleaned up that area, barrowed six wheelbarrows of finest horse muck onto it, spread it - it looks so nice! I think it does anyway! Ultra rubbish went to the tip, the remainder into the compost. I even tidied the heap of manure and removed all sorts of eccentric things, including a halter, a horse brush and a wellie! (size unknown) Together with far too much plastic and assorted unidentified non-organic objects, they went into an old compost bag and off to the tip (general) as opposed to the tip (greenery for the composting of)

Oh dear - what a long post about ****. Some would say 'No change there then'

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #8

The day started lovely with warm sunshine but now it has clouded over, a slight wind has blown up and it's a lot cooler.. We haven't put our heating on yet either.........it is definitely cooler in the evenings though.

Well, we visited our brand new Cabot Circus Shopping Centre this morning and I must say I was impressed with it. Plenty of eateries and coffee shops, a huge House of Fraser and many, many smaller shops whose names were new to me. I think it will take quite a few visits before I get to know where everything is.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #9

Aftenoon all. The day started well, the sun was shinning but it was a bit cool. Had a few cats to go see to and then went for a lovely walk with Toby along the old railway and through Camphill, which is a comune type place.
It was very pleasant and calm.

Then on my way top see Dale, disaster struck. Was involved in a smash, swapped details with the others involved and went to see Dale. We played in the garden coz i felt a bit too shakey to take him out for a walk. On leaving Dale I saw a puddle under the van, I thought "i'm not too far from home, so I might just make it". There is a garage at the end of my street. But oh no, coming over north anderson drive there was a terrible whirring noise and a flashing stop light came on so I had to pull the van over and abandon. Its now on the way to van hospital.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
29-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #10

Beautiful countryside Elaine Shame about the van, hope they make it better... soon! the commune-type small holding looks smashing. Love the piggies and chooks