Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
28-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #1

Sunday's Daily Thread

I think it'll be nice once the fog clears up
Woke to the sad news about the passing of Paul Newman, the world is poorer for his leaving.
Not doing much today I feel a bit viral, sore throat etc.
OH returning today from his visit to Doncaster for the National Budgie show. I've been in charge of his aviary, both Bron and Posh standing guard whilst I clean up in there. I swear Posh was salivating! I have a stack of ironing to do, that's what comes of making the most of the nice weather to wash bedding etc.
Got to get the chicken ready for the oven, peel spuds etc. be back later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #2

Re: Sunday's Daily Thread

Not sure what the day is going to do today, it started off quite bright but has now clouded over.
Eva and Bernie are out in the garden, got to clean the hammy tank and then sit down and do my books followed by some food shopping.
Have a nice day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
28-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #3

Morning! Cold and misty here so far but I'm hoping it'll warm up later-lots more laundry to do today!
I'm off to work in a while, the practice is closed but we have to do the year-end stock take today
Not much else planned.
Have a good day all!
Lx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #4

Morning PP and Elaine

Woke up to a very misty morning and the temperature has dropped a lot, very autumnal. The sun is starting to break through so hopefully it's going to be a lovely sunny day like yesterday.

Cassie is out in the garden trying to catch the leaves that are falling from the trees, not as exciting as chasing butterflies but she's having fun!

Hope that sore throat clear up soon PP.....

Have a lovely day all, hope the weather is good wherever you are....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
28-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #5

Another lovely day. I hope the sun is shining for you all.
Autumnal garden tidying today i think, and maybe scavenging for the last of the blackberries.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #6

That coastal storm is taking it's time leaving the area: more rain and drizzle overnight; just cloudy now and coolish, 20 degrees. The sun is supposed to be back tomorrow, thank goodness...over 5" rain so far this month! But good for the garden: peppers are fruiting nicely, beans and onions look good, tomatoes poorly this year, only 5 ripening now, and they're small. The wretched weeds are fkourishing; they've gotten ahead of me. To the market for some dinner things: a crab cake and some lovely small Brussels sprouts...hate those huge ones.

Hope the sun shines on all the people and pusses!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-09-2008, 05:45 PM   #7

Been to work now home had dinner roast pork and took Sal for a quick run.

Now in for the night. Hope everyones' had a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
28-09-2008, 07:07 PM   #8

Evening all!

Been glorious and sunny here but also rather chilly. I've had someone over to visit ( someone I've met at college who's as animal mad as I am)

She was very complimentary about Beauty (although Beauty looked at her as if she was saying "believe that if you like!"

Beauty's been out in the garden for some of today, had to coax her to mave some of her meat today (the butcher does his own range of cat and dog food, got some for Beauty but Beauty reckons she doesn't like it any more)

Not really got anything more going on today! Trying (and failing!) to write an application letter!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #9

RCR . . . You have a butcher that makes his own dog and cat food??? What a treat!!

I've been for a lovely lunch with the Talkboaders in aid of Mr Cat's visit. The hosts have a lovely 'mystery' garden with lots of nooks and crannies that the boys loved. They also had chickens

The boys behaved very well and we had a relaxing afternoon. OH was sulking at home. Which was why we had relaxing avvie

The weather's been glorious, I suspect there's not much left of this sunshine now Must get off and do dinner now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
28-09-2008, 08:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
RCR . . . You have a butcher that makes his own dog and cat food??? What a treat!!

I've been for a lovely lunch with the Talkboaders in aid of Mr Cat's visit. The hosts have a lovely 'mystery' garden with lots of nooks and crannies that the boys loved. They also had chickens

The boys behaved very well and we had a relaxing afternoon. OH was sulking at home. Which was why we had relaxing avvie

The weather's been glorious, I suspect there's not much left of this sunshine now Must get off and do dinner now.
I know! Pity Beauty doesn't feel the same way! She had some quite a while ago and loved it, but now she's decided it does not taste nice for Beauty! YUCK! she says!