Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #11

Re: How did you acquire your feline(s)?

This is a great thread! Keep the stories coming.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
29-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #12

Dylan - he came from the local rescue that I volunteered at. He decided two weeks before we lost Beauty that he was going to come home with us regardless. Dylan thought the following was right:

No means yes
Maybe means yes
Yes means yes.
(He's like that with food too)

Beauty - local rescue again. I went in to become a volunteer and kind of felt sorry for Beauty (it was kitten season, she was severely underweight and people were overlooking her in favour of the kittens), she was a quiet little elderly girl. She did well to live as long as she did.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #13

My first cat, Merlin was brought into the place I worked because his teenage owner's landlord had threatened her with eviction if she didn't get rid of the kitten. I bought him home with me the same day - he lived with us for 23 and a half years. Was a brave soldier and was "Uncle Merlin" here on Catsey.

Smudge chose us or rather the father of her kittens chose us. One very cold January night, we came home to find Mr Cat sitting on the gate post and she who was to become Smudge waiting in the porch. It was so very cold, we let her in. Mr Cat sat on the gate post to make sure she was in and disappeared never to return. Smudge stayed and presented us with three lovely kittens in due course. She stayed with us until she was around 19 years we believe. I always thought of Smudge as a gift from Gaia.

Kizzy is the Queen of my heart and was adopted through the good auspices of two Catsey and CP workers. We travelled up to Birmingham to pick her up on Easter Sunday 2 years ago. She had been picked up as a stray. She is believed to be around 3-4 years old now.

Pip came via a friend of a friend of an old school friend of mine. He is my only non-rescued cat so far. I wanted a ginger boy and although he is ginger and mainly white, I wouldn't change him for the world. He is just over 2 years old.

Where would I be without my darlings?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mixed
30-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #14

I went into the pet shop to get my dog a chew and ended up coming out with my George...... He was sat in the cage and just looked at me (well squinted actually) I fell in love in seconds. My dog wasn't so pleased 'cos I forgot his chew

After a month I decided that George needed a friend so ended up getting Milly. My poor dog Max was totally outnumbered.

Cats owned: 23 year old black female. RIP 13/09
13-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #15

I found my dear old Winnie at the grand age of 16 in a cattery run by a friend. Her owner could no longer look after her, so I decided to adopt her and take her home. I reckoned with a bit of luck and lots of TLC I'd have her for a couple of years. Seven years later she is still with me and I'll raise a glass to her on her 23rd birthday, as she was born in July 1988! She had a stroke in August last year, and recovered well, but has really started to slow down and sleep a lot in the last couple of months, well she's the human equivalent of 104, so I can't blame her really, wanting to snooze in the summer sun all the time! She still eats well and loves being groomed at least five times a day.
I am thankful for every day we have together and that she is happy and content.
Happy Birthday Winnie, my little Lionheart xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #16

What a lovely story, seasidechris! Happy Birthday Winnie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #17

Lucky Winnie that you picked her, and lucky you to have her still.... what a sweet story! Any chance of a pic of the grand old girl?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
13-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #18

Cloud - A friend was getting a kitten from a litter had by the cat the person next door to her had found on the doorstep one day. Except that group of kittens all went to good homes.

Said neighbour made the mistake of letting her out while nursing and cat fell pregnant again - more kittens this time, and once my friend had chosen 2 she struggled to get the rest of them homes. I went along to see them, having seen the pics (and fallen in love with Cloud really, though I did my best not to even say I'd take any of them until after I'd met them) and spent the following night trying to work out what I'd call her!!! Pretty well as soon as I named her I realised that was it!

Unfortunately, despite all advice to the contrary, the person who has the Mum still didn't get her neutered, and this poor wee girl (coming up for 2 now) has had a third litter - who all found homes from what I heard. I'm hoping the lady has seen sense now (and got a slightly better income!!!)

Cats owned: 23 year old black female. RIP 13/09
13-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #19

I posted some ics of her in"My Cats Pictures, here's the old girl, she loves lying in the sun"
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/IMGP0747.jpg

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
13-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidechris
I posted some ics of her in"My Cats Pictures, here's the old girl, she loves lying in the sun"
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/IMGP0747.jpg
Ohhhh I love her, what a sweetheart