Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #1

Better Tuesday?

Still a bit breezy here, but nothing like yesterday. I hope that our Scottish friends are all safe and that no-one has suffered too much damage to their homes/gardens? Didn't it howl?

I took Monty out briefly for a walk yesterday late afternoon and we were blown and buffeted and came home pdq. I find high winds like that most disorientating and just can't think straight. Monty was behaving like something possessed. A bit calmer today and he's out with his dad just now.

Going to do some housework today.

Have a good day everyone. Extra cuddles for Catsey cats this morning from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #2

Re: Better Tuesday?

Morning angie and those to follow.

Its sunny here bit breezy aswell. We thankfully didnt have any damafe although my parents had to tie their shed down with the washing line as it kept threatening to blow over. They also had a tile from their roof come down .

Hope monty enjoys his walk a bit bettre today angie now that the winds have eased.

Im not upto much today. Going shopping for some new clothes for when i start my new job in June. Also babysittitng tonight for my nephew and niece as usual on a tuesday.

Hope everyone else has a good day and like angie said, hope no-one suffered any major damage last night to properties x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #3

afternoon all. Sunny but blustery here.
Usual dog walk, then a few jobs. Off to work soon, then swimming for Chris and tea at mum and dads.
Back much later, have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
24-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #4

Hi all...

Bit blustery here still - though it goes on and off. Nothing like how it was yesterday. Guides were on, but we didn't go out in the end!

To answer a question from yesterday - the soup I made is probably closest to Scotch Broth - as in I used barley as thickener. And I had lots of root veg - carrots, turnip, parsnip and potato. Had a ham stock base, and also threw in leek, mushrooms and cabbage, so really a bit of an anything goes soup!

Hope everyone doing OK!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #5

Hi everyone! Glad to hear that apparently no-one had any severe wind damage; that sounds as if it was quite bad. We've had a spate of really awful tornadoes here, especially in the midwest..... terrible losses of life and unbelievable property damage.
Nothing especially new here except mice: Leia caught a second one, and is lurking hopefully in the kitchen. Some sun here, 24 C (75 F); threat of t'storms again; we'e been lucky here in the City, missed us!

Hope you find some nice new clothes for work, Pamela. Angie, how did your cats react to the high winds ... they really seem to hate it! Shelley, hope work goes well; Squirrel, love the sound of that soup; sounds like the sort of thing I make: throw in what you've got!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
24-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #6

Gave my last Spanish lesson this afternoon, they have their final paper on Thursday, so I said goodbye (again!) to all my department friends. My time is now entirely my own again every day of the week I've enjoyed doing it as a bit of a hobby but so glad I'm no longer doing it full-time, I'd forgotten how stressful it all is.

Think I might follow Eileen's example and buy a kindle, could be useful when I get my gallbladder out and also to take on holiday instead of taking books but I think I'm going to miss the physical presence of books and my local charity shop will no longer benefit from my paperback donations.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #7

Just to say Eileen .... Kizzy and Pip took no notice of the wind, but they did stay indoors most of yesterday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
24-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #8

Eileen--A second mouse!! They were making themselves comfortable then thinking Leia was gone, weren't they?!
Not much today, just reading my latest book splurge and the usual housework and animal tending.
They say it's going to be nice and sunny today, I don't see it yet but maybe it's coming.
Yesterday at 6pm all of a sudden the sun came out! Strange. The last two nights it's been light out till 9pm like it does in summer, but the weather's still not quite spring!
Have a good day, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #9

Afternoon all.

Been to work now home.
Came home to find I had a letter from Africa complete with drawings, really made my day.

Completed the glossing of the upstairs doors may put the new handles on tonight, not sure. Brought new chrome handles...... was considering changing the doors completely but decided on painting and change of handles, at least they have been "updated".

The winds have been high here today too, no damage done I can see around. But I am in a built up area.

Seems like the USA President is here in the UK, either he is tall or the Queen is shrinking. the news showed crowds a mixture of booing and cheering..........its the war in Libyya I think.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #10

MrsH, I miss the physical presence of a real book too, but the convenience of having your own library in that little gadget! Ideal for a hospital stay, and you soon adjust to it.

Yes, Tink, the cat was away, so.......

Kazz, don't know of HRH is shrinking, but Obama is ineed tall!