Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-12-2005, 05:32 PM   #1

Civil partnerships

Anybody any thoughts on this innovation?
Doesn't bother me, and I must say that it seems fair for people who have committed for years to have the same sort of privileges as others.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-12-2005, 05:39 PM   #2

Re: Civil partnerships

I've just been following a discussion thread on yahoo about it . . . (can you tell I've not much to do?) Anyway some of the homophobic filth on there made my hair stand on end - really vicious and scary!!

I have no problem with civil partnerships at all, infact I applaud it wholeheartedly! A partnership is a partnership whether same sex or not. These couples have been denied their rights for too long.

My only issue is with the media calling it 'marriage'. That misrepresents the whole ceremony as it immediately ties it to a religious undertaking, which of course it is not.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
21-12-2005, 05:41 PM   #3

Dont have any problems with this at all. Just seems the next step forward for couples who are committed to each other.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-12-2005, 06:08 PM   #4

I have no problem with it either, I have a simple outlook, live and let live.........

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-12-2005, 06:41 PM   #5

It doesn't bother me at all....if two people love each other and are committed to each other, why shouldn't they have the same rights and privileges as others?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
21-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #6

Well I say live and let live. I was listening to the radio and Paul O'Grady (my friend) was talking about how easy it would make things now. He just lost his partner of 25 years recently and the hole will thing was a nightmare. Legally because they were of the same sex it really complicated things.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
21-12-2005, 09:03 PM   #7

well my daughter and her other half have been together for 2 uyears,and once they have the money saved they will have the ceromony i for one are over the moon,sarahs a lovely girl (ive adopted her as a 2nd daughter) she treats my daughter with respect,which is more than some of the moronic men she went out with.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-12-2005, 09:11 PM   #8

I am all for it! I dont see why their commitment to each other shouldnt be recognized!

Catsey Junior

21-12-2005, 09:15 PM   #9

I've some lovely "gay" friends of both sexes and I think it's about time they had the same rights as everyone else - all this nonsense about not being given info by the hospital because they're not next of kin etc.

Now looking forward to a couple of really good parties to celebrate these,long overdue, ceremonies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
21-12-2005, 09:31 PM   #10

I have no problem with it, as I work for an accountants I know this will make any inheritance and capital gains tax issues a lot easier.

Good for them I say!!!