Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: average-hair-length black cat
FrankGSterleJr is Male
13-01-2016, 11:07 PM   #1

And He Took A Picture (an almost entirely true story)

Simon, the cat, was never one for a camera—any camera—because, unlike with one of the two human hosts with whom he resides who owns a computer, there was no “mouse” involved with which Simon could manage things … Well, he sort of could manage things.
He could move that arrow on the computer’s monitor screen wherever he deemed necessary, then he’d simply press his paw down on one of the two big mouse left/right buttons—and, presto, that was that! But a camera? To actually take a picture?
No; I’ll have none of that, he’d decided. I simply won’t have any of that. None.
However, it then suddenly dawned upon him during one lazy summer late-afternoon while laying in the sunshine warming the living-room’s beige carpet: The 14-month-old great-grandson, William, of Simon’s other human host, the one who’s also the woman of the house (the lady whom he calls Mama), was adoringly captured in a small picture—a photograph which was leaning on the coffee table’s centre-piece, deep-purple vase. Simon couldn’t help but find the sweet, laugh-a-lot toddler endearing—so much so, in fact, that Simon decided to take the picture of little William. Simon hopped up onto the coffee-table, took the picture gently into his feral-feline mouth and then trotted off to Mama’s room, laying it down onto her also-beige carpeted floor.
Who needs a camera? Simon somewhat-smugly, rhetorically asked himself. Not me!

(... not so true)
In jest, I told my black pet feline Simon that I saw so many pictures of him in the black-cats-only sections of a few cat-chat discussion-forum websites I visit. He in turn gave me that unmistakable sarcastic feline facial expression (or, at least, to me it appeared to be just such a look) which very much seemed to say: ‘I guess we all look the same to you people, eh.’

________

Frank Sterle Jr