Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #1

Tuppence

as most of you know Tuppence is 16 years old and doing very well snice we took her in.
She looks good, is eating well and generaly fine. She sleeps a lot as a lady of her years should do.
Occasionaly her breathing sounds a little noisy, particularly if she purrs, maybe a bit spluttery but nothing drastic.
This morning i have discovered two small growths at the side of her face, approx lentil size.
I know nobody else can give advice and it has to be our decision but i am just asking for thoughts.
As she seems to be fine i am tempted to just leave things well alone and hope for the best. Our vet is of the minimal intervention mind for elderly animals, but obviously we want to provide her with the best.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #2

Re: Tuppence

I'm sorry to hear this - it must be worrying you. As you say your vet prefers minimal intervention in older animals I wonder whether it would be worth it just to get the growths checked out. They may be nothing to worry about at all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
02-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #3

I would get them checked out & decide then, they might be nothing to worry about at all x

Catsey Veteran

02-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #4

thanks Angie and Helen, i guess you have both said what i think. We will take her next week, i think he will probably tell us to leave well alone but i have to know we are doing everything possible.
On a good note she looks and appears realy well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #5

A little biopsy to check what the growths are is probably the most intervention I'd be tempted to undertake. At least you have the full facts and can then decide on a route forwards.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #6

Sorry to hear thats shelley, as the others have said a wee trip to the vet might be a good idea x

Catsey Veteran

04-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #7

GOOD NEWS
we took Tuppence to see the vet and they are just warts. He says they may just go or not but are nothing to worry about.
Tuppence was a good girl in the travel container but let rip when being examined. She sounded like a banshee and was most definately in attack mode. I think she forgot she is a little old lady,lol
Thank you to everyone for you're support it is appreciated.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #8

That's such good news Shelley ......... so glad that there's nothing there for you to worry about.