Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4x non pedigree
12-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #1

All Four Cats Sneezing

Hi all

All four of my cats are sneezing. The 10mth old started with sneezing then the 2x 10yr old's started with it, but all still eating & going out, however its my kitten that is worrying me slightly. Darla is 14 weeks old & she is sneezing but has a poorly eye which is weeping & looks generally sore.

I have some antibiotic eye ointment (Chloramphenicol 1.0% w/w), which was for one of my other cats or I have some Fucithalmic eye drops which was for my dog but it says on box that it can be used on dogs, cats & rabbits. What I wanted to know really was do you think it would be safe to try a bit on Darla. As im sure this is what the Vet would prescribe?

Any suggestions?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #2

Re: All Four Cats Sneezing

I would advise taking at least your kitten to the vet - kittens can go downhill so fast and she may need some antibiotics to help fight the infection. Just tell the vet what you already have medicine-wise.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
13-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #3

Definitely see vet, kittens can take a eye virus which if not treated can cause serious consequences. As Angie says, just tell the vet you already the eye drops if its them he suggests using.

Are all your other cats up to date booster wise?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Cross-breed (Maine Coon)
13-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #4

Billy has been sneezing with 'weepy' eyes too! He had an antibiotic injection yesterday at the vet and it seems to be doing the trick .