Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
26-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #11

Re: Gardia

I would put Jac back on steamed white plain fish and steamed chicken for a while until stools become hard again. Beau is awful like that, quite often, whether she finds something on the floor and eats it, or a very slight change in her diet she has the backside waterworks insted of the usual stool. So i put her on the boiled chicken /fish for a week , or until the stool is back to normal. Sometimes it does take upto a week , sometimes just a couple of days!! But it never fails! I did forget to mention that sometimes it Beau a couple of days on the fish/chicken diet to actually go to the toilet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
28-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #12

He's never been on fish or chicken, must kitten food or this RC sensitive diet. If I thought it would firm his stools up, I would certainly try it

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
29-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #13

Any time either of my two have had problems of very wet stools,and Beau does, for any excuse, I put them both on a white plain fish. chicken diet, steamed only. It has always worked and Beau's tummy seems to be ultra sensitive. Sometimes they then won't go for a couple of days, but slowly they get back to normal stools. I then introduce whatever "food" slowly back into their diet. This method, "touch wood" has never let me down yet. And they seem to enjoy the "change" of diet as well. Just a thought Velvet, ime sure it might be worth trying.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #14

Poor little Jac ............ when Kizzy first came to us, she had digestive upset and was a very fussy eater. I found RC Digestive Comfort biscuits suited her well and she still likes them. Of course, Jac's needs are different being a kitten but just a thought. I wonder what difference there is in the two RC products though, the Sensitive and the Digestive Comfort ............. when I have time I'll do a comparison.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
30-10-2012, 03:59 AM   #15

Thanks Angie. Im having to feed them all on the RC Sensitive to make sure he gets nothing else. His stools are still mushy. Will have to get some chicken tomorrow when out