Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #41

Re: Billy Update

What a worry Gaina - but at least you know now why Billy hasn't been eating as he should. No one likes toothache, so it's a good thing you took him to your vet. I hope he feels a lot better soon.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Cross-breed (Maine Coon)
12-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Hope Billy improves soon Gaina.
Thank you x He's 'answering back' when you talk to him and getting up to see what's going on when someone passes his bed and has wandered into the kitchen looking for grub a few times so I am optimistic that the antibiotics will have kicked in by tomorrow morning .

Catsey Junior

12-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
What a worry Gaina - but at least you know now why Billy hasn't been eating as he should. No one likes toothache, so it's a good thing you took him to your vet. I hope he feels a lot better soon.
Thank you x He was his usual self on Friday, and he's a very 'faddy' eater at the best of times so we were expecting a little weight loss when we tried to change him over to the Renal diet and I was planning to ring Becky about the weight loss this morning, but it turned into an appointment when he looked under the weather.

Catsey Junior

13-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #44

Billy has eaten more today than he did yesterday. We started the oral pain killer this morning (smearing the syringe with Marmite worked a treat - he was too busy chewing the syringe to notice the painkiller being squirted in!). About an hour later he had a good go at his food, and between the two flavours I think he's had about 1 small tin or close to it. I had sushi for lunch and he ate one of my prawn 'California' rolls quite enthusiastically (nearly had my finger too! haha). I had to break it up and roll it into little balls for him and we were both sticky and smelled decidedly fishy by the time he was done but whatever it takes to get him to eat, right?

He's just come through to the kitchen to ask for more food and had quite a respectable amount in one sitting, so I think the antibiotics are taking effect.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #45

that's brilliant news Gaina, sounds like he's feeling better. What a relief for you

Catsey Junior

13-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
that's brilliant news Gaina, sounds like he's feeling better. What a relief for you
Thank you Shelly, it is. I was genuinely bracing myself for the possibility it was 'Rainbow Bridge' day, yesterday. Today I am absolutely drained due to the tension and now the relief!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #47

I do understand how you feel more or less as will most of us.
Whenever one of our pets is ill, life seems to revolve around getting them better or at least a good quality of life. It can be uphill and downhill sometimes. Lets hope you are going up and up now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #48

I can sympathise too Gaina. Glad to hear that Billy Boy is eating more now. Sometimes Merlin's vet gave him low dose steroids just to stimulate his appetite but sounds like your Marmite, antibiotics and sushi did the trick too. I've never eaten sushi!

Catsey Junior

13-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I can sympathise too Gaina. Glad to hear that Billy Boy is eating more now. Sometimes Merlin's vet gave him low dose steroids just to stimulate his appetite but sounds like your Marmite, antibiotics and sushi did the trick too. I've never eaten sushi!
Becky gave Billy the Steroid and b12 two weeks ago at our last check-up when he'd lost a bit of weight, so she didn't want to give him another yesterday but the antibiotics have obviously started to do their thing .

He took his next dose of pain killer then had his tea, and made a 'proper job' of it. He likes it in two sittings - have a munch, a little snooze then goes back for some more. He's in the 'snooze' phase as I type .

I'm just glad that through the whole time he's had no problem taking his thyroid and BP medication.

Catsey Junior

14-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #50

Just a quick update .

After a slow start this morning, the painkillers kicked in and Billy's eating steadily, enjoying food more as the day goes on, like he did yesterday. He's now quiet contentedly sunning himself in the back porch . He's also giving his opinion on everything, which is always a good sign.

We got back to see Becky tomorrow afternoon so I'll give you an update tomorrow evening.