Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Raggie X boy
13-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #21

Re: what do you feed your cat?

Now Henry's 20 months, he has two small bowls of Hills Neutered Young Adult Male chicken dry food, one at breakfast and one at lunch. Then, at 6pm (4:30pm winter), I call Henry in from the garden, lock him in for the night, and give him his wet pouch or tin. This will always be a very good quality one such as Encore or Hilife, as any other is guaranteed to give him a prolonged bout of diarrhea! He's extremely sensitive and I suspect he has an ibs related syndrome. It's easy to control, though, as long as he only eats this diet and Thrive (100% fish/meat) treats.

I actually bought him a Dreamies cat advent calendar last Christmas, and whilst it was a lovely idea, poor Henry immediately got very ill!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
26-02-2014, 11:41 PM   #22

All my cats eat different things. Barnaby only has dried food. His fave is Royal Canin Kitten, even though he's 3! Fecto eats only wet food as he has no teeth, he's nearly 12.
Inky eats wet and dry, his fave is Felix As Good as it Looks Chicken. Swirl eats mostly dry food although recently he's been eating both wet and dry. The Big Foozy, 7 year old Ragdoll, has to have a sensitive digestion diet. I keep his on a cereal free diet and try to vary the food he gets, (he gets bored easily). He has Catessy wet food, Royal Canin Sensible and RC Prescription Sensitive Digestion dry food. I've also used Bozita both wet and dry and Grau and Catzfinefood. They also have chicken cooked for them and I buy cooked meat bits off the deli in Morrisons.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-02-2014, 06:51 AM   #23

Hi Fecto's mum, your lovely cats seem very well catered for. All my five have Royal Canin kitten biscuits, Iams kitten pouches and Royal Canin pediatric pouches. They never seemed to drink much water until I started magnetizing it for them .It certainly improves the taste and they love it.So do I.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 DSH
27-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinky
They never seemed to drink much water until I started magnetizing it for them .It certainly improves the taste and they love it.So do I.
Hi dinky,
I was glancing over your reply when "magnetizing" caught my eye. I have no idea what that is, how it's done, why it's done. Please excuse my ignorance of this process. Would you mind explaining it to me, please?

Thank you in advance for your indulgence and patience.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
27-02-2014, 01:59 PM   #25

Hi Catspaw,I drink magnetized water as do all my pets. My vet recommended it for my English Mastiff after an horrific dog attack. My Willow required surgery to repair a cruciate ligament and the magnetized water helped to reduce inflamation, according to the vet. I am no health freak, but this water definitely tastes sweeter and more pure than ordinary water and believe it or not, my cats love it, whereas they will not look at non-magnetized water.It is meant to provide more energy and a range of other things but I just love the taste. All I do is place a jug of tap water onto a special magnetizing disc for one hour. This magnetizes the water. The special disc would be available at health shops and is not expensive.It lasts forever. I bought mine online from America, but it should not be difficult to find one.Have a great evening.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 DSH
27-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #26

Thank you, dinky

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic shorthair
16-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #27

Pete will eat anything except Tesco own brand biscuits. He gets a pouch of wet food morning and evening (half at a time, then the other half in another hour or so, or else he inhales the lot at once), and a few grammes of dry food put down before I go to work and before I go to bed. He's on a diet just now, so it's 10g of dry food each time and I might reduce that further after his next weigh-in. Once a week he gets a defrosted whole uncooked chicken wing with the bone in, instead of wet food. Watching him rip into it is like watching some sort of David Attenborough documentary!

I buy a variety of brands of wet food - Tesco, Kitekat, Felix, Whiskas etc, and I alternate them so he doesn't get the same brand two meals in a row, and I alternate meat/fish/poultry too. I also buy a couple of types of biscuits and mix them together in a tupperware so he's getting a mixture of those too -at the moment he has a mixture of hairball biscuits, diet biscuits and standard Go Cat. I don't want him to turn into one of those cats that will only eat a particular brand, so I don't give him the chance to get dependent. I think I'm worrying about nothing though - he eats so fast I doubt he can taste it. He hasn't even noticed he's had antibiotics pressed into his food since Friday! He also likes stilton, philadelphia, yogurt, cheddar, babybel and Heinz baked beans..