Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
02-05-2011, 01:17 AM   #11

Re: Renal diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber
That's a shame I guess every vet has different opinions and different experiences, maybe they've had some issues before with cats similar to Katie's case. Is it that they have refused? or just never mentioned it?

Being a vet nurse I tend to get what I want in the end
Thought you might be

Katie's a dog. He dismisses it - listens & then does his own thing. I cant grumble, theyve been very good with her. She couldnt tolerate Propalin & has her on Incurin, bit concerned about it but at end of day she isnt going to get better with renal disease & she might as well have something that'll help her other problem.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
02-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #12

Re: Renal diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Thought you might be

Katie's a dog. He dismisses it - listens & then does his own thing. I cant grumble, theyve been very good with her. She couldnt tolerate Propalin & has her on Incurin, bit concerned about it but at end of day she isnt going to get better with renal disease & she might as well have something that'll help her other problem.
I used to work with a vet like that. If it wasn't a 'drug' then it wasn't worth the breath it took to discuss it. Like I say everyone has differing opinions, but as far as Tara is concerned, the supplements haven't done any harm. I don't know if it's the diet or the supplements that are helping, but whatever it is it's doing the job I want it to do She's on propalin too, borderline renal function at the moment but we're doing regular blood tests. What with that and her glucosamine she's a walking pharmacy

Anyway I've gone a bit off topic, typical me sorry Shelly!