Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
26-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #1

Happy Boxing Day

Morning everyone,

Hope you all have a fantastic christmas and got spoiled along with the furbabies!!!

We had a busy day going between both families. Got spoiled by both and each other too!! Had a lovely dinner at OH parents.

We had Barney with us and he was amazing yesterday!! Couldnt have asked for a better behaved or friendly dog!! So proud of him as he has never been put in the situation with 10 people and 2 kids in a house with kids on scooters and running about.

Off to OH relatives house today for another gathering should be good.

Have a lovely day everyone, give all furbabies chin tickles from me and my lot

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #2

Re: Happy Boxing Day

Happy Boxing Day folks. Good to hear how good Barney was yesterday Pamela - he must have really settled with you and feel more secure and comfortable to be able to be so well behaved in what would have been a stressful situation for him. Well done Barney and well done to you and your OH for the dedication you have taken with his training.

Quiet day yesterday and another quiet one today, but nice. I hope that folk will be keeping safe and warm from the forecast snow .... don't think we'll get anything here although it is cold and there was a hard frost last night.

Back off to the sitting room for the fire, Monty Bogle on the lap, a glass of something nice and my Kindle with ever such a scary new book .... hope everyone else has a lovely day. Cold meat, salad and chips for supper later, I much prefer it to the Christmas meal and always have. Friendly folk have given us jars of homemade pickles and chutneys, so we'll be trying those out too.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
26-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #3

Well done Barney, what a little sweetie. Huggins is rampaging round the house at the moment. All other furry people are asleep as well as OH. He was out very early with the dogs this morning so he's having a few zzzzzs. What are you reading Angie, I love scary books. Reading a lovely one at the moment though called Christmas in the Snow. Not my usual style but its very good. Chicken again later for the cats, pork stroganoff, (minus wine) for me, curry for OH. Have a lovely day people and furry people.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #4

I'm a fan of Phil Rickman's books, FM and I'm reading his latest "Night After Night". He has written some really scary books IMO and I also love his Merrily Watkins series, which are also scary but have a different focus as Merrily is a CoE vicar and "Deliverance Consultant".

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
26-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #5

Hello everyone. It sounds as though Barney is really settling Pamela! I like the Merrily Watkins books Angie, I have read any others by him but might try. I got Alan Cummings 'Not My Father's Son" for Christmas so am reading that. It's very good but sad. I also got a new gps watch to track my runs so have given it a short test to run some of the calories off! It's got a really clear display so will help me pace runs better- I tend to start too fast and then can't keep a steady pace.
Off to Leicester to see my side of the family tomorrow so hoping the roads don't get too bad.

We might get round to the Christmas pudding later.......

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
27-12-2014, 12:14 AM   #6

I've read a couple of the Merrily Watkins books, enjoyed them. I find Jeffrey Deaver and Stephen Leather scary. I also like Penny Vincenzi books, my Mum lends them to me. I could do with a device that keeps track of the calories I've been eating recently!! I suspect it may get overloaded though!