Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #51

Re: Kizzy has been to the vet

Abscesses are very nasty and perhaps underestimated - your posts have made me remember when dear old Merlin had a horrid one on the base of his tail - he'd been bitten by the local farm cat who was a real bully boy. He was very poorly and for several days I was feeding him by hand and trying to get some water into him. He must have pressed the place against a cold wall to get some relief from the pain and it burst. He soon began to pick up but we thought he had lost the use of his tail and that it might have to be amputated. He did get the use back, but it took a long time.

I did take him to the vet and I'm sure he had antibiotic tablets at the time but I do think veterinary medicine has come quite a way in the time since then.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #52

Re: Kizzy has been to the vet

Yes you are right about the vet and the medicines I am of course talking about 25 years ago.

But I am sad to say I imagine Oz inflicted more abscesses and I often feel for the unwanted feral cats when ill.