Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #41

Re: Kizzy has been to the vet

Just an update - it's been only a week since I took Kizzy to the vet. OH and I managed to inspect the site this evening and it has very nearly healed over - what wonderful healing powers cats have. I am very glad I took her as I'm sure that the meds given stopped her worrying the site and I am also glad she didn't have to have stitches.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #42

Good news for Kizzy. Yes it is a good job you took her, it could have turned realy nasty.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
15-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #43

thats great shes all healed up!!

yes abcesses can be nasty, mondo got one on his neck after he managed to get out one night, he had to go into surgery to have some skin cut away and stitched up and a drain put in it for a week. that was one expensive night out he had lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #44

What good news!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #45

Glad it is all sorted and healing nicely.Did not want to say before but Oscar had an absess and it almost cost his life. He became so poorly so quickly. It was Cleo licking the area of his leg/shoulder I mentioned it to the vet he looked and it was an absess.......he lanced it for want of another word. It took him months to recover. After that I was vigilant for any signs and then bathed with salt water and off to the vet.

Because I was "busy" I did not check him and do something about the signs....and I almost lost him. But for his age (5 then) and size (big cat) and health (excellent) he would have died. Due to my not acting so Kizzy is lucky to have you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #46

Poor Oscar, I'm glad he recovered from that. I've been thinking about Kizzy's abscess and I remember that she was biting at the same area for a while beforehand. I assumed that she had a flea bite. How it burst I don't know, but it wasn't caused by a flea bite as the vet did a flea dirt test first thing and as he said there was "minimal evidence" of fleas.

She was a lucky girl that it healed well. The vet did say he'd rather it didn't heal too quickly in order for the infection to come out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
16-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #47

Great news - like Kazz I've had experience of an abcess in one of my cats and I am so pleased Kizzy is healed and well.

CM xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #48

What a relief for you! So pleae
sed to hear it...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #49

Good warning story about Oscar. Thanks, Kazz.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
17-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #50

Yep my boy had one too, on top of his head! It's unbelievable how quickly things can turn bad. I took him to the vet quite quickly when I realised, but hate to think what might have happened had I not noticed. The abcess was due to him fighting and apart from the odd scratch on his nose or round his neck, the only major fight injury. Thankfully. Glad she's feeling better