Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #11

Re: nursing mum with diorrhea

Glad you are feeling better about the mother cat and kittens and have a plan of action. It's always worse I feel when you don't know whether you're doing the right thing. Hope mother cat gets better very quickly.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy
29-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #12

I was so gratefull for all the advice he agve. Tho i now wonder why foods as rubbish as whiskas etc are even sold!!! Really had no idea theyre so rubbish!

Catsey Junior

29-03-2011, 04:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Glad you are feeling better about the mother cat and kittens and have a plan of action. It's always worse I feel when you don't know whether you're doing the right thing. Hope mother cat gets better very quickly.
I DO feel much better now, as you say it wasnt nice not having an action plan etc.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
29-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #14

Fab news! Can I ask if there was a specific food he suggested? I have been on loads of sites trying to find which brand is the best quality

Catsey Junior

29-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #15

He was suggesting a sensitive diet one, science something.... she is on chicken and fish today and I am going to pets at home tomorrow to get some. He mentioned canine something too, so i forgotten which one is for sensitive tums, but apparently one (or both) of those brands do it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
29-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #16

Sounds like it's one of the ones sold under the brand name 'Hills science plan' or 'Royal canine' you can buy both online - and they do tend to package well enough - so sensitive tummies will be one of the things that they call that range in their brand packaging.

Catsey Junior

29-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Sounds like it's one of the ones sold under the brand name 'Hills science plan' or 'Royal canine' you can buy both online - and they do tend to package well enough - so sensitive tummies will be one of the things that they call that range in their brand packaging.
thats the ones! Silly me, canine and that lol.
Any suggestions on which is the best, or is there a better one for sensitive tummies?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
29-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #18

I've no experience in the matter am afraid... I'd guess that it partly a case of what your cats will eat... Others with cats who need a sensitive diet may well be along to tell you their experiences in time...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
29-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #19

I feed Tim the Hills sensitive diet, its very good, he does very well on it. Amber gets Pro Plan Kitten Sensitive food & does really well on it too. Used to get runny poos before they went onto sensitive diets

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #20

Kizzy has Royal Canin Digestive Comfort ...... and has done well on it. Not sure whether that's classed as "sensitive" or not! Whole thing is a bit confusing.