Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
09-11-2005, 10:48 PM   #21

Re: Booster Jabs

ok i am just going to just put down some personal experiences, we had an old persian girl, never had a vaccine in her life and went outside lived till a ripe old age, then 2 particular kittens, Balderick and Elspeth, had their kitten vaccines and just had their booster vaccine, both got ill and Elspeth died!!! our cats usually have their kitten vaccines but not boosters, oh and anopther thing, recentlly you will all remember my grandmother loosing her siamese, Verity, Verity passed away just before her 27th birthday i believe, never had a vaccine in her life.
But that said the world is a different place now to what it was then
its up to you really

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-11-2005, 10:50 PM   #22

Thanks for your thoughts Luke. Will keep on thinking hard...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
09-11-2005, 10:55 PM   #23

Just checking the policy, I have the advanced cover which is "necessary treatment for each illness, injury or disease up to a maximum of £6,000" there doesn't seem to be any time limits on this.

One thing they do have which I think is very good is 24 hour vet helpline (at local rates)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-11-2005, 10:58 PM   #24

The thing is Emma if your cat developed something like diabetes and needed treatment for life the insurance company may pay up to £6000 and then for the rest of your cats life you would have to foot the bills. Petplan for example pay out for the entire life of the animal....

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2005, 11:00 PM   #25

Or another scenario is if your cat needed an op and then a few years down the line needed the same op or a related op would your insurance company pay out again if the bill exceeded £6000? A lot of insurance companies will write a condition and related conditions out of a policy once one claim has been made.

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2005, 11:00 PM   #26

I see, hmmm perhaps I will have to have a look at Petplan I think Directline changed to this £6,000 for any one condition just recently.

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2005, 11:01 PM   #27

Fran my understanding is once you go over the £6,000 you have to pay it yourself.

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2005, 11:03 PM   #28

There are plenty of companies that offer lifetime policies, I just named Petplan 'cos I have experience of them. They are certainly not the cheapest but they will deal with the vet direct so other than your excess you don't have to stump any money up

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2005, 11:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Fran my understanding is once you go over the £6,000 you have to pay it yourself.
With a cover for life policy you don't they will pay out for the life of the animal/ They usually set an amount each year you can claim for each condition. Think it is £4000 with Petplan but if you reach the max as soon as the next year starts you can claim for the same condition again

Catsey Veteran

09-11-2005, 11:11 PM   #30

So Fran do you have the Supercat plan, it looks like the Cat Plan is the same and I have with Directline £6,000 per condition.