Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
16-07-2008, 12:43 AM   #1

sometimes i get so jealous...

okay, this may be dumb but do any of you feel jealousy with your fuzzbutts (cats, dogs, etc.) affection toward your significant other?
i'm home all day and scoop poop, provide food, clean water dishes, clean cages, try to bond and interact and provide enrichment and THEN...
daddy gets home from work and all he has to do is sit down with a beer and totally ignore them and they are all over him loving him to death.
is this a normal emotion? sometimes i feel like i should just leave the house or ignore them like him and they would love me more...
sorry, just had to get that out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
16-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #2

Re: sometimes i get so jealous...

Hehe I am with you there Tink Before the little bundle of love that is Fizz came along, I used to get very jealous because Bubbles would go to Tony for fuss and affection rather than me. And I would be the one to feed her and be in all day

I think it is normal to feel like that, we lavish so much love on them and the fickle but wonderful creatures decide the person who hasn't been there for aaaages is more interesting

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #3

I can't say I've ever felt this jealously, no. However when Balie was younger, OH used to get jealous when I made of fuss of the cat and not him . . .

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
16-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #4

I think the reason they are all over your partner is because he ignores them, in cat body language its quite polite to not make eye contact/ look/ stare at one another, so in he comes and completely ignores them and they find that really good manners and make a fuss of him!
Apparently this is why when someone is scared of cats enters a household of cats they love that person, and are all over them.... I have a friend who really didn't like cats and my cats love her far more than any other guests we have come over here, where as other people come in and want to stroke my cats are looking for the cats and staring at them trying to get their attention and the cats get quite wary and are less affectionate to these people.
Thats my theory anyway.

Anyway the person who feeds them will always be no1, whether they show it or not !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I can't say I've ever felt this jealously, no. However when Balie was younger, OH used to get jealous when I made of fuss of the cat and not him . . .
My OH too, Yola! I told him it was not becoming in an adult man to be jealous of a small furry cat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz5
I think the reason they are all over your partner is because he ignores them, in cat body language its quite polite to not make eye contact/ look/ stare at one another, so in he comes and completely ignores them and they find that really good manners and make a fuss of him!
Apparently this is why when someone is scared of cats enters a household of cats they love that person, and are all over them.... I have a friend who really didn't like cats and my cats love her far more than any other guests we have come over here, where as other people come in and want to stroke my cats are looking for the cats and staring at them trying to get their attention and the cats get quite wary and are less affectionate to these people.
Thats my theory anyway.

Anyway the person who feeds them will always be no1, whether they show it or not !
So True! My dad hated cats, but whenever he came to my house he was the centre of attention for Merlin and Smudge! Poor Daddy!!!

Currently, Merlin either goes to sleep on OH's lap in the afternoon or MIL's lap in the evening. Never mine! I just put this down to the fact that they are both warmer-blooded than me and Merlin wants the warmth. Cats will go where they get what they want/need!

No need to feel jealous Tink - but it's good that you got that out of your system.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #6

I think SamZ has nailed it. When my cat-fearing aunt and my cat loving uncle came to visit, who did the cat do directly to? Always!!

It's good to vent sometimes, Tink!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Exotic Short Hair
16-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #7

Hey Tink, you are not the only one, I get a bit jealous now and then of my hubby sometimes as he is Figo's hero. Always goes to him for cuddles and purrs and comes me only if I have something to eat in my hand! I just pick him up and get my share of purrs myself lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
16-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #8

Kado was my first cat but he goes to OH all the time. Simon is 1000% mine and wont go to anybody else. My daughters get jealous and guinness does too.