Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
10-08-2023, 05:01 AM   #1

Rainy Thursday .....and very cold.

Good morning ladies. Thursday 3:15pm here and it's raining and extremely chilly . It was snowing in Christchurch this morning and many of the hill roads are now closed.Still haven't had any flooding ,which is a miracle. The heat pump keeps turning itself off as they do when the outside unit ices up, so I'm relying on my trusty hot water bottle. The cats are miserable My BIL turned up this morning armed with his power drill and tried to put my lounge drapes up. Unfortunately he couldn't do so, as his drill wouldn't go into the wood and the whole thing was a total disaster. Still it was good of him to try. I'm going to have to get a builder to do it I think. Peter says he'll come and try again with different screws, so we'll see. it would be wonderful having drapes again in the lounge as it would be warmer and more private at night. I suppose as soon as I get them up again, the whole place will start flooding !!! (knowing my luck ). My wild birds have eaten two whole bird feeders since 7:30am this morning. They must be starving. Janna isn't working today and so she's gone down to the mall to buy some more for their evening feed. and hopefully a big bag of wild bird seed if she can get one.

I haven't heard from Spark about setting up my new modem yet ,but hopefully they will send someone out before my current plan expires. I was online this morning and bought Janna a Disney Christmas mug for part of her xmas present. it has 101 Dalmations on it and is kinda cute. Janna loves the Dalmations movie so she will love this mug. I'll fill it with some nice lollies or something. I'm really trying to get myself organized early for Christmas this year, but then I say that every year, and it never happens. I know that brenna ,Jared and the children are coming in the early evening for a meal and I'm hoping that Paddy and the children will be here as well. Not sure if Miranda will come though, but if she does, then I will make her welcome. My "kittens" are having a birthday this Saturday. They will be 10 years old. I can't believe it. I've ordered them a new cat tower. They already have two big high towers with multi platforms, in each conservatory, but this one is not as high as the ceiling ,and only has one huge platform on top of the scratching post. It's lovely and soft and looks really good so i'm going to put it in the lounge by the big window and see how it goes. Animates, the pet store only had one of them in stock but it got sold. They are ordering one in for me from USA, so it won't be here for a while. I guess it's going to be a belated birthday present. !

Chicken tenders and veges for tea tonight and i do have a small lemon meringue pie that my sister bought me ,so we may have a piece of that for dessert. If I have any, it won't be much, as I'm trying to watch my eating.

PAMELA, I'm pleased that you're starting to feel a little better now. Glad you're not at work though and i hope you're able to pace yourself at home and rest when you need to. i hope Mia, Robyn,Harris and Skye are looking after you well .Poor Mia and Robyn. I don't suppose you are up to walking them at the moment, but at least you have Steven to do it. They'll miss you though. i hope Harris has recovered from his scratches and is able to go out again. How's your dad doing ? Hopefully he's on the right medication now and everything's going well for him. You look after yourself Pamela and stay nice and warm.

SHELLEY, you make my blood run cold just thinking of you and Chris going into the sea. I'm am glad, though, that you are managing to get some sunny weather sometimes. I hope James and Hannah arrived safely and are enjoying catching up with all the news. It's just a pity that Howard isn't there as well. Was your meal out nice the other night ? I hope so. I hope your dad and Reuben are continuing to do well. I bet your dad misses you when you're away.

Well ladies, my fingers have now frozen so I'm going to refill my hottie and break up some bread for the wee birds who are gathering outside for their feed. I feel so sorry for them as they must be freezing.

Have a great Thursday ladies. Feel better Pamela, and I hope the sun shines for you today Shelley..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2023, 09:09 AM   #2

Re: Rainy Thursday .....and very cold.

Hello ladies,
James and Hannah arrived on Tuesday, they had a good journey.
Yesterday we all went a beach walk with the dogs and saw 2 Roe Deer.
We then visited Stranraer, looked around the shops and then did a food shop, supplies were running low at the van, lol.
Pamela, glad you are feeling ok and hope you are getting lots of rest.
Dinky, hope you get those drapes up soon and glad there's been no flooding.
Hope the kitties birthday goes well on saturday, their tower sounds good.
We are all booked in for a meal on saturday at the cock inn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
10-08-2023, 12:54 PM   #3

Re: Rainy Thursday .....and very cold.

Afternoon ladies

Dinky hopefully your BIL managed to get the curtains up on the 2nd attempt I love closing mine in the winter and keeping the heat in as i really need new windows! I love the sound of Janna present! Cant beat disney! My favourite is the lion king and Lilo and Stitch i am such a child haha. Sounds like your wee birds are loving whatever food you are putting out for them

Shelley, a supplies trip is always good i think i love stocking my cupboards and fridge! Sounds like a lovely walk, its always nice to see the deer. Enjoy your meal on Saturday.

Im not up to much. feeling better again today whcih is great. Ive still been walking the girls with Steven in the mornings to get the fresh air and determined not to lie down to covid!! My friend however ended up in hospital because it last night as it has badly affected her throat and voicebox. She is ok, just on painkillers and lots of fluids but she is fine, we have a group chat with one of our other friends which has been constant since last night! Not too busy at work today which is nice. I may have to stay on though as the flow leader is traveling home today so i will need to keep an eye on emails incase anything urgent comes in which i dont mind doing.

We are having spaghetti and meatballs tonight for dinner with garlic bread. We had shredded chicken nachos last night which i made the recipe up off the top of my head haha. I had a kit with the salsa and tortilla chips in it though. Was tasty enough. I think Steven is enjoying his dinners being ready for him when he comes in just now!

Not much else really is happening. dad is still doing really well which is a great relief for us, he is going to bulgaria at the end of the month with one of his friends who will be a much better influence than his other friends as he doesnt drink anywhere near as much alcohol!!

Enjoy the rest of your day ladies, i need to get back to work soon and ive still not made any lunch!!