Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
06-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #11

Re: K in hospital again

Thinking of you and K ((hugs)) xx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #12

So sorry to hear this Tink, my thoughts are with you both and healing vibes are winging their way to K......... ((((hugs)))) xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
06-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #13

Sorry to hear this Tink, Prayers and healing vibes being sent from this end too ((hugs)) xx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
07-07-2009, 02:39 AM   #14

not good tink... will keep you both in my thoughts......keep thinking positive thoughts too.. take care xox

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
07-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #15

Tink, I'm really sad to hear this news, but be strong (again) and things will be fine I'm sure.

update us when you have time to. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #16

Sorry to be reading this Tink. I'm sure with you by his side K will have the continued strength to fight this setback - hang on in there, both of you!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #17

So sorry to hear of this setback, I didn't log on yesterday evening so I've only just seen this. Keeping you both in my thoughts and hoping for good news from you later today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
07-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #18

Oh I'm sorry to hear this. Don't be dispirited - it was always going to be a long and potentially rocky road back to full health.
Healing vibes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
07-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #19

Oh my Tink...I hope K is going to be okay *crossing fingers & paws*
Thinking of both of you & here are as many ((vibes)) as you both may need

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #20

Well, a million things have happened since I last posted so I'll try to sum it up and keep it to the point (plus I'm functioning on very little sleep and if I get caught up in details this post could get squirrely).
This is what we know: He has tested positive for a staph infection at the incision area of his heart surgery. He was brought into the operating room and the surgeon had to make some decisions about how deep to go and clean up being that an infection like this could easily spread to other places once he's opened up and it could make things worse to go poking around in there.
What it comes down to is they made the decision to detach his sternum into two for the time being (he is laying there with his chest literally wide open right now with what looks like saran wrap and iodine over it).
We DON'T know if it's spread to the heart. We are going to have him taken to the OR every few days for a week to go in and clean. After that, we will guage if we will risk going even deeper into the chest cavity and seeing what we will discover. This will be based on his clinical signs.
His sternum will heal spread apart like that. Eventually he'll need reconstructive surgery or a metal plate put in to hold his chest together..but that's in the future.
Everything is day by day. We don't have all the answers. He is in a lot of pain and being given pain medication every five minutes and continuously sedated.
This morning he began coughing up blood and they made the decision to remove the ventilator as it was aggravating this. He is now on a BiPap machine which stabalized him and helped him greatly last time he was in.
Things are touch and go. It's just wait and see.