Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bicolour
10-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #1

Need tips on bathing my naughty cat?!

Well... my cat is so loving and down to earth, he is the best cat in the world actually for me! But.. when it gets to bath time, he scractches, runs away, meows ect ect! i just dont know what to do! and he needs a bath urgently! he is covered in oil. Also, anybody know any cheap cat shampoo as i have just bought my cat a new play toy pen! thankyou for any help cat lovers!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #2

Re: Need tips on bathing my naughty cat?!

I've never bathed Cassie in all her 12 years .........I don't think she would let me anyway!!

We did discuss this a year or so ago and you may find this link interesting

http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/how_to_bathe.htm

Good luck, I hope you can manage it!

Catsey Junior

10-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #3

haha! thankyouu

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #4

I had to bathe Merlin, but only once when he was a young chap and got covered in oil. I had to call for help - it was definitely a two person job and he was really quite good. It was many years ago before Catsey and I phoned the vet in panic to ask what to do. They suggested Swarfega to get the oil out and a mild shampoo, like a baby shampoo and good rinsing. Merlin loved the towel drying part and purred like mad! He had no after effects and luckily I never needed to do it again. Good luck!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #5

After an utterly disasterous attempt at bathing my childhood cat with my mom after he'd gotten in some grease, I have NEVER, nor will I ever, bathe a cat again!

(The scars have faded with age...)

Catsey Junior

10-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I had to bathe Merlin, but only once when he was a young chap and got covered in oil. I had to call for help - it was definitely a two person job and he was really quite good. It was many years ago before Catsey and I phoned the vet in panic to ask what to do. They suggested Swarfega to get the oil out and a mild shampoo, like a baby shampoo and good rinsing. Merlin loved the towel drying part and purred like mad! He had no after effects and luckily I never needed to do it again. Good luck!
thankyou, really helpfull

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
11-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #7

LOL Don`t think any cats like having a bath I think it is just a case of grabing them and just getting it done as quickly as you can (it is hard work).
Hope you have managed to get all the oil off.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-05-2009, 10:40 AM   #8

I sometimes have to wash my persians as they can get in an awful mess when they get the runs OH never helps (rather, makes himself scarce), I use the organic shampoo I use for my children and have to almost get in the shower with the offending cat . . . keeping my legs out of the way as they will use anything to gain traction to escape - even my skin

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
11-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #9

I have bathed Kado(loves water), Guinness, Lucky .Simon fell in the bath. There is no way i would bath Chester or Troy as i would not have any skin left at all. I must say you do need 2 people to do it though.

Catsey Junior

11-05-2009, 06:18 PM   #10

haha, funny everyone . do you think it will help if i do it with a shower spray thing :L xx?