Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
08-11-2009, 10:13 PM   #11

Re: De-clawing

I strongly disagree with it as well, it's not natural!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
10-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #12

a very cruel disgusting practice...glad it is banned in this country..suprised HSUS . in the States doesn.t try to have it banned there..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #13

I wish it were banned here too; although a growing number of vets will not do it, thank God. The two I have gone to over the years consider it the barbarism it is.

Cats owned: 1 Bengal, and 2 Short hair moggies
18-11-2009, 12:41 AM   #14

Gosh I'd rather replace my sofa's (which I do regulary lol) than even contemplate that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #15

Never realised it was ILLEGAL here but wouldn't do it anyway! My sis mentioned it to me when she was over from the States that its done as a matter of course, ugh! Yes the wallpaper took a battering after we had Posh,but problem now solved with painted walls and the freedom to scratch here we allow her to ie, her cat pole and 'her' table legs..it seems to satisfy. Her table,by the way, is a family heirloom... it's been the grandson's paint table, his 'car', his teeth marks are on it, its got paint stains and scratches on it. Earlier I used to change his nappy on it, now Posh jumps on it and hides under it. So many memories

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby female
James is Male
02-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #16

For a cat, its claws are far more vital than human finger & toe nails. The best example I can offer is that de-clawing is the equivalent of amputating each finger and toe at the distal joint (nearest the end of the digit) on us. I am appalled (but not surpried) that some people consider furniture more important than a cat's welfare!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #17

You're not alone, James. I'm very embarrassed that it's STILL not illegal here ......