Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Domestic Short hair
Steph is Male
24-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #11

Re: Any cats that don't like grooming?

All of my cats must have picked up on me-I`ll just roll over and purr

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: BSH Silver Tab, Lilac CP, Blue
fancyabrew is Male
28-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #12

Our loony isn't a big fan but being a BSH needs to be regularly groomed as its coat is so thick, it’ll sort of put up with a bit as long as you don’t go near her belly or hind legs. As for brushes I’ve found the best to be the rubber brushes can’t remember what they’re called but they’re in the shape of a cat and the fur sort of sticks to the rubber bristles.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyabrew
Our loony isn't a big fan but being a BSH needs to be regularly groomed as its coat is so thick, it’ll sort of put up with a bit as long as you don’t go near her belly or hind legs. As for brushes I’ve found the best to be the rubber brushes can’t remember what they’re called but they’re in the shape of a cat and the fur sort of sticks to the rubber bristles.
I had one of those and it didn't do a very good job IMO; I swear by the Furminator!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: BSH Silver Tab, Lilac CP, Blue
fancyabrew is Male
28-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #14

blimey its a bit expensive!, cheaper to cut all her fur off!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-07-2008, 04:58 PM   #15

It is a bit pricy, but well worth it; lots of members here have one; actually I heard about it here. You might be able to pick one up on eBay for less; I think someone here did.......

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
29-07-2008, 09:18 AM   #16

I managed to get mine off ebay for £20 including p&p, so it was about £17 without p&p. I have to say that it does do ;such a good job, and Minsky has started to come round to it, whilst he still won't let me near him with any other!

I've examined both brushes, ones got lots of needle like spokes, and then the furminator only has one line of small, blunt-ish spikes, and if i was a cat and had to use one as my hairbrush, i'd definately choose the furminator! The regular brush has much longer spikes and they are quite sharp, so i can imagine it would irritate the skin, whilst the furminator only touches the fur and seems to remove it gently, whilst a rubber brush pulling the hair sounds pretty darned sore to me! (I have curly hair and used to be told at gym class to wear rubber bands to tie my hair back if I forgot a bobbel. When I took it out, about half my hair came out too and it was NOT fun!)
I can imagine with teh cat brush that it doesn't tug too much and only removes the loose hair, but the furminator does remove a lot more hair and prevents shedding (and hairballs!)

So yes, I'm a furminator fan too I did Darcy once and have't had to do him again since!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
29-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #17

I cannot rate the FURminator enough, my cat would not let me brush him with anything at all. I show him the FURminator and he rolls over, purrs, rubs up against it it's mad he loves it and the hair that comes off!!!!