Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #71

Re: If I'm not around tomorrow evening

Oh dear! I do think you need one of those kitty bags...... but could you get her in it? And of course the mouth and all the fangs are still there......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
At his age he's entitled ! Don't know if you saw this in another post: my Mom always told me that the little fold at the outside bottom of a cats ears was where they kept their spare thoughts for a rainy day......
I did see that! It's lovely - always wanted to know what those little folds were for!

Sorry Eva is not co-operating - have you tried putting something (like a towel) over her head first to see if that calms her? I 'spect you've tried everything possible apart from putting a chewy toffee in her mouth. Poor Graham - how's a clicker going to help him Erin?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #73

Well we tried the towel trick this evening. Still not happening, she went mental and attacked poor Bernie although I did manage to just nip the end off of one dew claw, so I supose it wasnt all a big loss.
The idea with the clicker Angie is that, I have clicker trained Eva a little so she will will jump up, if i say up and down if I say down and if she really feels like it and I have juicy enough prawn she will sometimes give me a high five when I ask. So what Erin and I had talked about was using the clicker training to sort of try to desensitize her to allow me to touch/hold her paws. Gotta be worth a try.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
oh dear poor baby and poor Graham.

Hopefully the clicker taining will help a little
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Well we tried the towel trick this evening. Still not happening, she went mental and attacked poor Bernie although I did manage to just nip the end off of one dew claw, so I supose it wasnt all a big loss.
The idea with the clicker Angie is that, I have clicker trained Eva a little so she will will jump up, if i say up and down if I say down and if she really feels like it and I have juicy enough prawn she will sometimes give me a high five when I ask. So what Erin and I had talked about was using the clicker training to sort of try to desensitize her to allow me to touch/hold her paws. Gotta be worth a try.
Sounds like a great idea! It's just the way Erin wrote it originally, I thought it was to help Graham! duh