Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
01-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #71

Re: Claws

Lol never heard of the valerian reaction before, might have to try it although both of mine love catnip.

As for clipping claws, I used to only do them if they were having trouble detaching from things like carpet etc. Bubbles rarely needs them doing but Fizz has claws like needles and since she is usually all over me, I get covered in scratches and punctures.

Being outside, climbing fences and using the scratching post haven't helped with hers so I just take the tips off occasionally and cuddles become much more fun for both of us. It doesn't impair her climbing ability that I've seen and she can definately still defend herself as evidenced by a banzai attack on a bedmouse (my foot!).

I think some cats just have sharper claws naturally than others since both mine share the same environment but have different claw types.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #72

Re: Claws

Good to see you back, Grete! I agree about the different claw types. I'm interested in seeing if Leia will react to the valerian: she ignores dry catnip... I might as well be offering her dried oregano! And she eats fresh catnip with no signs of any reaction to it whatsoever...just as if she's eating grass. Cuddles to Bubbles and Fizz, long time no pics!!