Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengal
08-06-2008, 10:24 PM   #1

Help!!!

Theres a cat that has been outside my house now for about 3 days, he's shown up a few times before, ive never fed him but he follows me everywhere meowing constantly and desperate for some attention, he is so thin but a young cat. He does have a tatty collar on but no name. Its only been the last 2 weeks ive ever seen him, do you think he's been dumped? He sits outside my house crying all night

Im going to ring a rescue in the morning to see what they say not sure what to do, i was very naughty and gave in and fed him when we were outside today, ive never seen a cat so hungry, i know i shouldnt but i have an awful feeling he doesnt have a home. He's coat is terrible and he's such a sweet little thing.

Any advice? Its breaking my heart seeing him crying outside, he's never been in my house obviously but has his paws on the door asking to come in much to betula's disgust!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
08-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #2

Re: Help!!!

the best thing to do is contact your local rescue, but the only prob is they may well be full already. We have a waiting list already for adult cats to come in, and we ask people to feed the cats until we can find a space for them. poor baby, at least the weather is mild for him. Can you do what I have done in the past and make a little shelter somewhere in your garden for him?

Catsey Junior

08-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #3

Yes i will pop a carrier outside with a blanket in and some biscuits, he's been well fed tonight and i have wormed him too because he looked really wormy to me, just the one you pop on the back of the neck. He's so friendly and gentle really lovely cat bless him. Dont know how you do it ive got all upset over him

Going to ring my vets in the morning and sort out some posters in petshops too. can at least see if he's microchipped.

Thankyou x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
08-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #4

what a poor boy,

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-06-2008, 11:06 PM   #5

I hope the rescue will be able to help the poor boy, it does sound as though he may have been dumped unfortunately. Alex's idea of making him a shelter in your garden is good, at least it will act as a temporary home for him.

Well done to you for feeding him ......... please let us know what happens to him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #6

Poor Baby, thank goodness you found him, at least he will be safe now until you find somewhere for him to go.....Good for you...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
08-06-2008, 11:37 PM   #7

I agree with moli. Im glad you found him(are you sure its a boy) Let us know on how he gets on. He sounds a lovely cat and well done too you for caring for him.

jane

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #8

I had the same problem as you NC......and he never left, his name is Chancer...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-06-2008, 02:06 AM   #9

NC, well done for looking after the little stray until he may be able to go into rescue. Poor little guy; wonder what happened that he's homeless; good thing he found you.....

Catsey Junior

09-06-2008, 07:18 AM   #10

Well he definetely is a stray for whatever reason, he's still curled up in the carrier outside this morning bless him. Just about to go feed him. I am going to ring my vet and get him checked over and my local rescues, if no-one claims him he will be such a beautiful cat for someone, he's a real little character, loves being picked up and cuddled, he purrs away bless him. Ive taken some pics of him so will upload them in a mo.

I would take him in but Betula growls at him out the window as it is and we're moving to a 2 bedroom house so it would be very crowded. Alfie is still very young too so i worry about bringing him in. If i didnt have Alfie i would have taken him in in a heartbeat.