Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #21

Re: Onyx ....a first!!

Kath, today she was waiting at the foot of my front steps when I went out to give her tea....tried to coax her on the porch but she'd have none of it: looked at me as if I were crazy , and made a beeline around the side of the house to her usual feeding spot! Cats do like routine, don't they? But I got to chuck her under her chin again and got another cheek rub against my hand....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-05-2007, 10:43 PM   #22

She knows where to find you Eileen Bet she'll be venturing in come the cold weather

Catsey Veteran

08-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #23

She likes my yard, Fran, as it's all shrubby on the side, so she feels safe there: she can sit in the bushes and watch the people and dogs go by without being seen! You wouldn't think a black cat could be so well camoflauged (sp?), but often she's in there and I don't even see her until I call and she comes to be fed! She's street-wise!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
09-05-2007, 08:12 AM   #24

You'll be the slave of two demanding live-in mistresses soon. Congratulations to Onyx for finding a perfect feline residence.

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
10-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #25

Eileen, find yourself a nice comfy cushion, a good book, a small saucer of food and sit yourself on the porch steps and wait and see what happens, maybe Onyx will be tempted to come if you sit still, I hope so, it worked for Spookey. Good luck with her, she sounds a little love. Kath

Catsey Veteran

10-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #26

Excellent idea! I'll give it a try today!