Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-06-2010, 03:12 AM   #11

Re: I need to keep my big mouth shut.

A fellow ferrent (ferret parent) of three picked him up

Catsey Veteran

13-06-2010, 08:49 AM   #12

Uhm..I kind of ended up rescuing another one

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #13

Tink, you are a compassionate ferrent (love that word) and would care for them all I know, just take it easy. Glad the little boy got a safe home now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #14

oo-kay, how did u end up rescuing another one??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #15

So - do tell, you can't just let it hang like that!

Glad the other guy got a good home. I'd have to stay off CL I'd end up with every room packed full of rescues.

Catsey Veteran

13-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #16

So this is the story..
A person south of me decided it would be "fun" to put an intact male and female together and see what would happen. Well you don't have to be a genius to figure this one out. There was a litter. They decided to keep one kit of the litter (the little girl I got tonight). Had her for almost her first year constantly caged, no playtime. The "breeder" or whatever you want to call hers friend took pity on this ferret and took her in and moved north to a city near where I live. So this friend has her a month. Says she is very allergic to her. Also says her kids don't like her like she anticipated she would. Needs her out ASAP. She will basically give her to me she just wants her to go to a home where she can be let out of her cage. Also says she is a "special case" behaviorally because she throws tantrums in her cage (hmm i wonder why?? sigh...). Has been bathing her once a week, never has trimmed her nails...EVER...and she's on nasty Marshall's food.
When I showed up it was totally dark and the woman just met me out in her front yard and placed everything in my arms and was just talking really fast like she just wanted me to go. I didn't even see what I was getting I just took the carrier from her and left. And there was not good lighting the whole way home so I kind of just blindly took this ferret..crazy, right?
So I get her home and first order of business is take her in a secluded room and see exactly what we are dealing with here. She's a sweetie. She just wanted so bad to run and play that I didn't put it off too long before I just let her finally get the crazies out of her system. She war danced and dooked for three hours before I put her to bed in her cage, I wanted to make sure she had an adequate run before caging her.
I will try to get better pics of her later, she doesn't sit still. We are still deciding on name. Considering the name Pino. We will see if it sticks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #17

oh bless her little paws xx She's so like my boys, poor baby has landed on her feet with you as her new mummy xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #18

Gorgeous girlie - bet she's glad you let your heart rule your head where ferrets are concerned.

She looks lovely Tink.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #19

How wonderful she ended up with you ... meant to be. Poor little girl will have a happy loving home and good care.from now on. You are such a caring person, Tink!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #20

I'm glad the little boy got a home and what a lucky girl Ferret to have found a home with you, i bet she can't believe her luck, how awful that she was kept caged.