Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #11

Re: which litter?

Worlds Best, made from corn and totally flushable. Very expensive to buy initially but it lasts for ages. Very little tracking, no dust, pee forms little solid pee-patties, which you scoop and flush, leaving the rest untouched and unstinky

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-11-2008, 10:45 AM   #12

I think all this thread goes to prove is everyone thinks what they use is the best and it is for them and thier cats.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I think all this thread goes to prove is everyone thinks what they use is the best and it is for them and thier cats.....
Yes.
There's always the alternative of teaching your cats to use the toilet - but I don't think that would suit your household Matron.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: nnnnnn
05-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
I use Tesco's own. It's brilliant. Far better than other supermarket own brands, which are chalky, dusty with bigger pellets etc.

I use the anti-bacterial one as it's the only one our local shop stocks, but if you can find just the standard cat litter, it's all whit erather than specked with blue which the anti-bacterial one is, it's really, really light-weight, absorbs amazingly, isn't chalky, and my cats liked it fine!
same here!

first one I bought was a sainsburys one, he liked that, then I thought id better but the 'good' ones and he turned his nose up!! didn't like it!

I always get my shopping from tesco, I really couldn't see the point of spending more for my cat to poop in!!

So I got tesco value & then tesco premium as the value one isn't online anymore, its like £1.80 i think and Taylor Loves it!! he gets so excited when i do his litter box as he loves to dig!!

really cant see the difference between that & more expensive brands to be honest!

(i have taken pics of him yesterday excited about his litter! ill put on up in a min)

Heres Tay getting all excited, over his litter!! i have to shut the lid with him still in it so he can dig haha!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #15

I think it comes down to a balance between what the cats prefer if the favorite is one we can live with, price-wise, odor-wise and tracking-wise.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
05-11-2008, 08:29 PM   #16

Eileen thats so right.

I have been using Tesco own brand anti bacterial with the blue bits in and it's great apart from Merlin gets it everywhere!!!

I have been out today and have bought Catsan just to compare and contrast

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #17

I was using wood pellets the CP gave me for the kittens, but they did not like it.so changed them to Catsan, and have had no problems...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
05-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
I was using wood pellets the CP gave me for the kittens, but they did not like it.so changed them to Catsan, and have had no problems...
I was given wood pellets by the breeder when I got koko. The smell put me right off as it lingered around the house.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron
I was given wood pellets by the breeder when I got koko. The smell put me right off as it lingered around the house.
These kits tried to eat it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #20

I tried the wood pellets once, and the two I had then absolutely hated it! Misty, who was the most ladylike neat cat, actually defecated outside of the box....needless to say, I threw it out.