Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
04-11-2008, 07:05 PM   #1

which litter?

What type/brand of cat litter do you use?

Belle and Willow didnt/dont use one so I have bought several and not been happy with any really.

Hate the wood pellets type as the smell would fill the house and have tried a couple of the gravel ones by tesco/asda and still not happy. The asda one left chalky marks on his paws which then went all across the house and the tesco one which is the best clumps when wet into a horrible mess and difficult to scoop out and clean.

Any tips folks?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #2

Re: which litter?

I use Catsan, always have, its much cleaner than the other gravel litters and last longer, no chalky marks on the floor either...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
04-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #3

For my entire cat-owning life (11 1/2 years), I have used petex clumping clay-based litter. The cats like it, it doesn't get trailed all over the house (only the odd little bit around where they jump out of the litter), it clumps beautifully so all you need to do is scoop out the mess without having to completely change the litter wash the trays, too often.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #4

I use Yesterday's News, recycled newspaper pelleted litter. Have used many different ones over the years but love this the best as it doesn't 'track' like a lot of other litters, not dusty and the wet goes to the bottom leaving the surface dry on the kitty feet

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
04-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #5

I use Catsan.

Tried a few other brands but they don't seem to contain the odour as well as Catsan does.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #6

I used catsan of Cleo but also I really like the Thomas.......but you can't get it everywhere, but on the whole I like catsan and will be geting that for the kits when this bag runs out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #7

I can't comment on UK brands, but just FYI, I've always used the Safeway brand clay litter, non-scented and non clumping. I dislike the scented, the cats didn't llke the clumping. I've never had a tracking problem with it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
05-11-2008, 12:36 AM   #8

I have used a variety over the years. Have recently started to use the silicate ones and find it really good.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
05-11-2008, 07:47 AM   #9

Thanks girls. I shall head off today and browse through a selection of your recommendations. X

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
05-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #10

I use Tesco's own. It's brilliant. Far better than other supermarket own brands, which are chalky, dusty with bigger pellets etc.

I use the anti-bacterial one as it's the only one our local shop stocks, but if you can find just the standard cat litter, it's all whit erather than specked with blue which the anti-bacterial one is, it's really, really light-weight, absorbs amazingly, isn't chalky, and my cats liked it fine!