Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-10-2011, 12:05 PM   #1

Savannah saturday

Afternoon everyone, havent been about much, been busy at work and then my sister had a girly party night last night which ive only juts got home from. Got my sister in laws hen night tonight aswell so a pretty busy weekend!!!

Its wet and miserable here Hope its better where you all are and that you all have a great saturday xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #2

Re: Savannah saturday

Hi Pamela! Hope you are enjoying all the jollies with your friends and hope you have a good time at your sil's hen!!! Sorry to hear about your miserable weather, it's glorious again down here today - wall to wall blue sky, warm and a gentle breeze. It's been a long time coming.

I've stripped all the leaves from my greenhouse tomato plants, still a few to ripen - hope that the sunshine will help now. I have a bowl full of tomatoes to skin and freeze down this afternoon. Not a particularly good year and the harvest is low compared to other years.

Have a good day everyone. Cuddles to Catsey cats from me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
01-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #3

Sorry about your rotten weather up in Scotland, I'm afraid it's absolutely gorgeous yet again down here in Hampshire we're set for possibly 28C today!

Not being Scottish I enjoyed the rugby this morning, not a great game but there was a lot at stake and I have to say England was lucky at the end but almost left it too late.

Bloomin' cats clawed at the landing carpet overnight and have pulled it away from the gripper rods along one part so we've had to try to get it hooked back on. Honestly the damage these creatures cause good job we love them

Enjoy Saturday afternnon everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #4

Yeah, it's horrible grey day here too... had to laugh when someone asked what I was planning to do in the sunshine earlier on... I don't really mind clouds, but I do find ceaseless grey (and not even cloud shapes or anything) very boring!

Was at parents yesterday afternoon, after I went for a hair cut. Apparently managed to surprise the hair dresser who looked at me and essentially suggested that I didn't really need it... right up until she saw the amount of hair lying on the floor - she changed her mind pretty quickly then!

Still in PJ's today - that's how quietly I'm taking the day!

Enjoy your weekends all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #5

Hi all, I'm in the rotten weather group; the cold front is finally here. Nearing 10:30 am and only 9 C (47 F) with on-and-off rain and blustery winds; a raw unpleasant day, Yesterday at this time it was 22 C.... the everage high is 23 C, won't see that for days. Grumble!!

Pamela, sounds as if you're having fun; Squirrel, you must have lovely thick hair! MrsH, glad your team won. Angie, are you making pasta sauce?

Enjoy the warmth while you can, those who have it; lucky people!

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #6

Eileen - I've just skinned and cored/seeded the tomatoes, chopped lightly and am freezing them as they are. Quick and more versatile!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
01-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #7

Helo all, wet and miserable today. Cats are sitting at window complaining 'Mum, please turn off that horrid rain' - if only I could

we have had guests from France for the last week, I think they have had every season since they arrived. They leave tomorrow to go to London for a week so I'll tell them it's warmer down south!

Must go - we're going to theatre tonight.

Have a great day all

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #8

Ah, that's where you were at quiz time, CM, missed you! Enjoy the theatre tonight.

It's dropped down to 8 C now. Am waiting for my grocery delivery.

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #9

Golly, your weather temperatures go up and down quickly Eileen - temperature here is 24C atm, I'm looking forward to the sun going over the yardarm, which means that we can have an evening drink! Some traditions are worth holding on to

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #10

LOL, yes, there's a lame old joke about the Washington weather: if you don't like it, just wait, it will change.

I believe in the sun/yardarm theory too, but then, it's always over the yardarm somewhere on Planet Earth ......