Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #1

Abyssinian Friday

Hi all! Another glorious day here today ..... this is the sort of weather we should have had in August! I'd been thinking about making a casserole, but we went to the local farm shop this morning and bought salady things.

Been outside under the parasol (which had been put away last weekend!) reading my book. Even my feet are feeling warm, which is saying a lot for me.

ENJOY

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #2

Re: Abyssinian Friday

Hi, Angie, those to follow! Nice that you're having such lovely weather. It's pleasant here too, lots of sun and not as cool: nearing 10:45 and up to 22 C (72 ) already. . Will be a nice day before the cold front gets here tonight and tomorrow; will be about 20 degrees colder, brr! The predicted high will be 17!! Not my weather. Got the euphorbia pic, will post later. I can just picture you sitting under the big umbrella enjoying such a lovely Autumn day, what book are you reading? I'm still on The Eight.

I echo: ENJOY!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #3

This weather is just so glorious I'm not a great sun fan but this is just exactly the weather I love, a lowish sun, a gentle breeze, unexpected warmth, moisture in the ground, just wonderful

The saga of the certificate of resumed employment is close to being solved. I did my bit filling in the online declaration and was informed that was all I had to do as this triggered an electronic request to my employer asking for details of hours worked. However, and contrary to what the accursed Teachers' Pensions said (may fiery flames fall upon their heads ) this request went not to my school but to the local education authority (in my case Hampshire County Council) and there it has sat since July! Yet it is to me that TP complains! The lovely Debbie of HR at the school has contacted county on my behalf and has learned that they have been snowed under with these requests and are steadily working through them, I am apparently no19 on their to-do list. Hurrah-ish!

Honestly, what a cack-handed Heath Robinson organisation, time they got their act sorted!

On a nicer note, I've been baking dog biscuits today, wholemeal flour, rolled oats, beef stock and a bit of parmesan for taste. They're not bad (yes, reader I have tasted them!) but it takes ages to bake them really hard, probably costs me a lot of money in fuel but it amuses Morgan, sitting watching through the oven door and occasionally woofing "Are they ready yet Mum?"

I think I'm losing my grip on reality!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #4

hello everyone, MrsH good for you making Dog biscuits, i make tuna flapjacks for mine but have to confess that sinc we got Kwame i haven't made any.
Angie, sitting in the garden is a great idea.
Wave to Eileen.
Been to work this morning, then home to do some jobs.
Just back from a river walk, it's a good place to let the dogs off lead, they had a blast.
Now i need to order some show leads/collars

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #5

Eileen - I am still reading Sovereign - nearly finished. It's a good story - carefully woven and I'm not sure what's historical fact and what's fiction!