Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #1

Merlin's operation

What a shock to the system this getting up early business is - not only for me, but for Merlin too. He was allowed to have his breakfast before I took him to the vet this morning, but only just managed to get up in time for first breakfast (he usually has two, like a hobbit!).

He was very good in the car - and it was a longish journey, about 40 minutes. It was strange that when he was finally in the surgery and the vet went to get the hospital crate, he finally realised that something unusual was happening and started to protest. There is a really horrible moment when you have to turn away and leave - other people don't seem to exist and you just have to swallow hard and leave. I can phone the surgery between 3 - 4 this afternoon to see if he has settled OK.

I decided I needed some Rescue Remedy but the first chemist I went to wasn't open and neither was the second - notice on the door that pharmacist had been taken ill and shop couldn't open until a relief arrived. So I'll have to do without the rescue remedy. Little gremlin out there somewhere.

I'll keep you posted on this thread - thanks a million for all your support

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-06-2008, 10:24 AM   #2

Re: Merlin's operation

Angie - I've not been around much this last week so although I was aware something was happening with Merlin and an op I didn't pick up on the details, sorry about that.

I'm thinking of you today. It's a difficult time, especially as you say that final turning away with a lump in your throat.

I will check back periodically to see how all is progressing.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #3

Angie, I can imagine how you are feeling right now, you can't stop thinking about Merlin and the house is empty without him.. (((hugs)))

He will be ok and once they remove the lump tomorrow he will be on the road to recovery and back home with you again.

Tons of healing vibes to Merlin and calming ones to you.... x

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #4

Thanks Yola and Mags. I have managed to get some Rescue Remedy now, as I had to get some Ibuprofen for OH. Can't say I feel a lot calmer yet. Do miss the old boy getting under my feet (Merlin, not OH!).

OH has raging toothache and can't get in to see his dentist until tomorrow. He'd have been better of going to see the vet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
23-06-2008, 01:40 PM   #5

I'll be thinking of you over the next few days Angie. Imogen and I send our love !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #6

Thinking of you today Angie.....loads of good vibes coming Merlins way....xx

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #7

Thanks Liz and Moli. OH just said he's missing Merlin too. As OH is feeling poorly with toothache, he's sitting watching the tennis. Merlin would normally be asleep on his lap at this time of the afternoon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #8

That empty house feeling is so awful....I'll be thinking of you and Merlin till he's safely back home...(((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

23-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #9

Thanks Eileen!

I phoned the vet and Merlin has settled down, his IV line is in place and he has eaten some of the food that I took in for him (not knowing whether they only feed dry). I still feel kinda shakey - didn't sleep well last night and it's been a long day. Think a large G&T might be in order soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #10

Good to hear he is settled and eating Angie...when will he be coming home??