Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Closed Thread

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengals & a DSH
01-06-2006, 04:46 PM   #11

Re: two birds with one stone (not my cat)

She's simply GORGEOUS - yes I would pay £150 for her - but she would be worth more to me - my cats are priceless.

Get her snipped - injected -and all bits n bobs done and she would be my baby.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #12

oh of course i'd get her chipped and speyed and vaccinated etc, all my others are all done.

she is cute but..... not sure she worth that much

Catsey Junior

01-06-2006, 04:49 PM   #13

CJ you can't put a price on love

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
01-06-2006, 04:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Babe
She's simply GORGEOUS - yes I would pay £150 for her - but she would be worth more to me - my cats are priceless.
I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone on this site whose cats aren't priceless to them. I'd pay any amount of money for Ninja or Sweep... Because they're my cats.

She's not CJ's cat or your cat right now, so how does your comment, as quoted, apply to her?

Catsey Veteran

01-06-2006, 04:52 PM   #15

hmmm...... on the other hand, NOT to be judgemental, but looking at the background the home doesnt seem that neat and tidy. and i do think she is adorable....
and I know i would love her to bits and pieces.

BUT

I could get three from a rescue for that price, NOT that I want another three!!!!

Catsey Junior

01-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoof
I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone on this site whose cats aren't priceless to them. I'd pay any amount of money for Ninja or Sweep... Because they're my cats.

She's not CJ's cat or your cat right now, so how does your comment, as quoted, apply to her?

Did I say she was mine or CJ's???????? - No

I said I would pay £150 for her as cj was saying she doesn't think she is worth it. I said I would get all her bits and bobs done and to me she would be worth more than £150 as soon as she crossed my door.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mog
01-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #17

Hmm, cute as she is £150 no way.

If there is doubt as to her true parentage, if there is doubt about the quality of the breeding or the standards of the breeder..... then paying £150 for a kitten like that just encourages more breeding of crossbred/moggie/badly bred pedigrees.

ALL kittens are cute, all of them, my cat to me is worth far in excess of £150 but would i have paid that for him, as a crossbreed 8 month old... no, i would not, because i didnt KNOW him then.

He is priceless to me, as all our existing cats are, because of the life we have shared together, because of the bond we have. Without that bond and that history, well who is to say what 'cute' is worth??

Em

Catsey Veteran

01-06-2006, 04:58 PM   #18

oh i understand your point right away bengal babe, no amount of money can pay for the love of a cat.

I really would love her, but am trying to weigh up pro's and con's at moment, i dont want to rush in and bring home the first cat is ee

but i would pay any amount of money for my cats i have at home, whatever they need I'd pay for it. And i agree money cant put a price on love, and she is lovely whatever she is

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
01-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Babe
Did I say she was mine or CJ's???????? - No

I said I would pay £150 for her as cj was saying she doesn't think she is worth it. I said I would get all her bits and bobs done and to me she would be worth more than £150 as soon as she crossed my door.
No, but that post (and, seemingly, the one after it) appeared to imply that how much is being charged makes no difference if the kitten is "gorgeous" (which, as has been pointed out by multiple others, they all are) and that CJ's cats aren't priceless to her simply because she's not willing (or at least quite hesitant) to count down 150 quid for a kitten of dubious lineage.

CJ is more than willing to pay whatever's required of her for the cats she has - whether or not she's willing to pay a stupid amount of money for a kitten has nothing to do with that, nor does it imply otherwise.

If you're simply pointing out that if it were your kitten you'd be willing to pay the earth for her, then I simply don't see the point as I have yet to meet anyone on this website for whom the same does not hold true.

Catsey Junior

01-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #20

When my Seb arrived he was a real scruffy sasauge and I paid a lot of money for him - but now WOW he is stunning.

OK I saw Mum & Dad and have I his pedigree certificate, right up to his great great great grand parents,

but she is a cutie pie. If you really want her then go for it -

Closed Thread